General Television Thread

Hellfire

2 hours ago, Benji said:

O'Briain is a really good choice for main host IMO - he'll bring a lot of enthusiasm. I assume Scanlon will fit into the Philippa Forester/Jayne Middlemiss role of backstage interview/pit reporter - not familiar with her work but I've heard good things. I'm happy Jonathan Pearce is back as the commentator too; he was sometimes the best part of the show back in the day

DC seems to be slowing taking over Sky 1 here in the UK. By the time Supergirl returns, their 8pm-9pm slot will be occupied by DC shows Tuesday through Friday (Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

It was the best thing I've watched in a while 

That was really good.  Not like wow this is golden age of TV good, but holy crap was it ever entertaining.  

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

That was really good.  Not like wow this is golden age of TV good, but holy crap was it ever entertaining.  

I was really expecting the standard Ryan Murphy garbage but was pleasantly surprised by how entertaining this was. I'm not that sold on John Travolta but everyone else is so much fun.  

See, I love Travolta because its so ridiculous.  This is like a high end version of one of the E! movies about TV shows.  Thankfully Murphy didn't write any of the show, he's only directing some episodes, which plays far more into his strengths.

Joe Alaskey passed away. He's probably best known as the second voice of Grandpa Pickles on Rugrats, but he also voiced a number of Looney Tunes characters including Yosemite Sam in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. He was also known for his Jackie Gleason impression (Gleason having chosen him to dub lines in "lost" Honeymooners episodes) and as Richard Nixon in Forrest Gump. 

I think Simpson got off mainly due to the prosecution caring more about looking good for the cameras than nailing Simpson, and being generally incompetent. They didn't bring in any experts to counter Cochran over the gloves, for one thing. And after the trial was over, either ESPN or one of the news channels found a picture of OJ wearing the `ugly' shoes he said he never owned.