General Television Thread

Hellfire

Forgot S2 os Kimmy Schmidt was out.  I'd totally watch a Bunny and Kitty series 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2016 at 02:21, Cloudy said:

Has anyone been watching Outsiders on WGN? It had its 1st season finale last night, and Uproxx was big ups-ing the series leading into the finale. It's got David Morse and Ryan Hurst in it, and is about a clan of Kentucky mountain people, the town nearby their settlement, and a coal mining operation that covets the land the clan lives on. Seems like it might be pretty good, thinking about picking it up now that the first season's wrapped.

Got around to watching the premiere episode. For people that liked Sons of Anarchy, it's probably right up your alley - so I liked it. I think Ryan Hurst described it as "Mad Max meets Little House on the Prairie", and in the first episode you've got hill people partying, stealing moonshine, and going on "supply runs" by driving ATVs through a supermarket and taking what they want. David Foster, Ryan Hurst and Joe Anderson are all pretty good. Anderson plays the main character, a guy named Asa Farrell who left the clan ten years before the start of the series to live in the outside world, but came back for unspecified reasons and was kept imprisoned for 6 months.

Elementary's playing the long game with the last few episodes of the season and I like it.

Spoiler

Moriarty might be back! Or maybe she isn't! Or maybe she is! :o

So I saw that Silicon Valley is on Sky box sets and decided to give the first few episodes a go seeing as it's rated so highly, from what I can tell. It was alright, but nothing that really pulled me in. Maybe it just isn't for me.

3 hours ago, Matanza Julep said:

Veep is still amazing despite the new show runner, I am relieved.

"You were making my coffee!"
"Yeah, but that was way harder. You have so many different moods - half-caf, full caf, macchiato..."

Also, for all the talk of "nobody knows what party Selina belongs to", didn't the S4 finale reveal that? I was thinking about that when they were recapping the end of last season. It clearly showed a state highlighted in blue and said that Selina won the state. However, when Dreyfus, Walsh, Hale etc. are on late night shows they still tow the whole "who knows what party she's in!" line. Weird.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Matanza Julep said:

Veep is still amazing despite the new show runner, I am relieved.

I couldn't get into Veep, it just felt like an American version of The Thick of It. Which it is.

2 hours ago, MDK said:

I couldn't get into Veep, it just felt like an American version of The Thick of It. Which it is.

How far did you get? Because I will echo your sentiment until the second season, which is when the show really took a life of its own and became lovely. It's still obviously the same type of humour, but it took a different structure.

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

You're an awful Benedict Cums-in-his-own-hands.

But our love will continue? Right? Bendover Cucumberpatch?

5 minutes ago, Matanza Julep said:

How far did you get? Because I will echo your sentiment until the second season, which is when the show really took a life of its own and became lovely. It's still obviously the same type of humour, but it took a different structure.

I think up to the fifth episode. Theoretically I like it, I like the actors, the writing, the directing, but there is something wrong with the delivery. And no Malcolm Tucker.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

I entirely understand not liking Veep. I watched it once and it just didn't click. I'm not sure what caused it to work for me the second time, but I'm glad it did, because Season 4 was fantastic.

Is it worth skipping the first season or two? 

There's a lot of call backs and repeated characters that you might miss, but I'm not sure how much that affects the comedy off the top of my head. If I was going to jump to any I'd make it season four, Hugh Laurie makes for a fantastic comedic foil to JLD's Selina.

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Wait,  Hugh Laurie is in it? Say no more.

Only in seasons 4 & 5 so far. 

And yes, Ruki, that's the joke I was talking about!

5 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Only in seasons 4 & 5 so far. 

And yes, Ruki, that's the joke I was talking about!

Such a good episode! And series, really. I enjoyed the 1st episode of the 3rd season.