General Television Thread

Hellfire

I don't watch it weekly, and sometimes I'll have to watch 3-5 episodes to catch up, but The Goldbergs is such a fun show to watch. I can always walk away smiling after one of the episodes. Such a fun show to watch.

• Like 5

This week's Silicon Valley was great. I was just waiting for the ways things would go horribly wrong and they're here and they're magical.

• Like 1

Veep was pretty good last night too. Martin Mull sighting! Also, oh my god, Richard Splett's website is real.

https://www.splettnet.net

• Like 1

I thought American Crime Story was the show of the year, then I thought it was Better Call Saul and now I am convinced it's Horace and Pete and I'm willing to call it one of the best things I've ever seen. It's hilarious, it's heartbreaking, it's beautiful, it's got some of the best acting I have seen and everyone should watch it. 

Elementary season finale felt flat, but I did love 

Spoiler

Sherlock disarming a bomb by simply ripping the detonator off and stating that disarming it is nothing like the "many movies you tell me are good which are in fact, not good". 

John Noble was excellent as always. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad that he's basically being written out by becoming the new head of Moriarty's organization.

ALSO: GUYS. Bookmark Richard Splett's Splettnet blog and keep checking back on it after new episodes of Veep air. It's got some gems.

I'm catching up on last week's Fresh Off The Boat and John Francis Daley guest stars! :w00t:

"Funny thing, the bank called and they said.. your check bounced?"
"Ooooohhhh! Yeah! You know why? That's because.. there's no money in our account!"
"Oh for sure yeah that's it!"

• Like 1

Kurt Sutter's Sons of Anarchy spin-off has a showrunner now, Elgin James. James is probably best known for being a part of the Boston punk scene in the 90s, starting a group called FSU that would rob drug dealers and donate the money they robbed to charities, as well as fighting neo-nazi skinhead groups in Boston. 

The spin-off is tentatively called Mayans MC and involves - you guessed it! - the dealings and goings-on of the Mayans club, set in Northern California.

4 hours ago, Cloudy said:

starting a group called FSU that would rob drug dealers and donate the money they robbed to charities, as well as fighting neo-nazi skinhead groups in Boston. 

I'd rather see a show about that.

• Like 5

Must be someone else.

Muppets, Castle, CSI Cyber, Agent Carter, The Grinder, Galavant, Grandfathered, Bordertown, Second Chance, Containment also cancelled.

American Crime, Supergirl (on CW), Dr Ken, The Real O'Neals, The Catch all renewed.