General Television Thread

Hellfire

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/05/11/fall-tv-2016-every-new-series-coming-to-abc-cbs-the-cw-fox-and-nbc/ - Too many new shows based on movies, and a few show descriptions make me wonder how the heck they were even greenlit....

A sequel to Romeo & Juliet? REALLY?! Who in their right mind thought that is a good idea?

UnReal is the type of show that should be absolutely terrible and over the top, but it's soooooo good. 

• Like 2

So Preacher debuts in less than a week and I'm really looking forward to it because the reviews have been largely positive and saying it's faithful to the source. Really think Dominic Cooper is going to kill the role and Joe Gilgun has constantly proved to be entertaining too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RPS said:

UnReal is the type of show that should be absolutely terrible and over the top, but it's soooooo good. 

UnReal is amazing. Barring the one episode, it was probably the most binge-worthy show of last year, including Daredevil. I didn't watch Transparent season 2, though.

Of the new shows listed in the link I posted, here's what I may check out:

ABC - Designated Survivor, Time After Time (depending on who plays H.G. Welles)

CBS - Kevin Can Wait, and Training Day, but only because Bill Paxton is in it. I think a MacGyver reboot, with the character made younger, is a bad idea, so no way I give it a shot. Now, if it was MacGyver's grandson, and there was chance of Richard Dean Anderson showing up..... 

The CW - Frequency.

FOX - Making History.

NBC - The Blacklist: Redemption, Timeless, The Good Place. *Maybe* Powerless. Can't believe they've added yet another `Chicago' show. Last week's Chicago P.D. was more or less a backdoor pilot, and since its a Dick Wolf show, they might as well call it `Law & Order: Chicago'. Especially since n occasional character from Law & Order is involved.

Oh, is the CW show supposed to be dark? I figured it'd basically be lifting the tone from the really great run Mark Waid's writing right now.

AMC uploaded the first four minutes of Preacher.

And yeah, Riverdale is a "subversive take" on Archie, that's meant to explore the dark elements lurking underneath all the cheer and blah blah blah blah.

11 hours ago, apsham said:

...why did the man explode?

Tune in to Preacher on May 22nd on AMC at 10, 9 central to find out! Seriously, it's kind of a minor plot point that would be spoiled if I told you.

Castle finale (big spoilers, obviously):

Spoiler

Just read what happens and really not impressed. After eight seasons and knowing they were on the bubble they thought a blatantly tacked on happy ending would be a good way to close up? Should have planned a lot better than that.

It doesn't even sound like a bad ending, just a complete and utter non-ending.

I get why people might not like it, but I love Last Man On Earth so much. I think season two, especially the latter half, has done a great and realistic job of moving past season one's problems of Phil being a bit too much of a pain in the ass, and I really hope the very final ending is...

Spoiler

... revealing that literally everything that has happened to Tandy was imagined by him, acting it out using the cast of balls he had in the bar.

7 hours ago, Benji said:

Castle finale (big spoilers, obviously):

Reveal hidden contents

Just read what happens and really not impressed. After eight seasons and knowing they were on the bubble they thought a blatantly tacked on happy ending would be a good way to close up? Should have planned a lot better than that.

It doesn't even sound like a bad ending, just a complete and utter non-ending.

It more or less had a season ending cliffhanger with a short series finale tacked on without even resolving/explaining the cliffhanger. And LokSat's reveal seemed like they just threw a dart at pics and went with the first hit. Heidi I thought LokSat was going to turn out to be

Vikram. Mason being the baddie makes no sense.

• Like 1