General Television Thread

Hellfire

6 hours ago, Benji said:

I get why people might not like it, but I love Last Man On Earth so much. I think season two, especially the latter half, has done a great and realistic job of moving past season one's problems of Phil being a bit too much of a pain in the ass, and I really hope the very final ending is...

Hide contents

... revealing that literally everything that has happened to Tandy was imagined by him, acting it out using the cast of balls he had in the bar.

Yeah I've loved Last Man On Earth from the beginning and boy was that season finale a fucking gut punch. Sadness everywhere.

• Like 2

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alan-young-two-legged-star-mister-ed-dies-040004663.html?ref=gs

Damn, missed this yesterday. Grew up watching Mister Ed reruns on Nick at Nite and loved Duck Tales. 96 is certainly a great age to reach, but darn it, 2016 claims another one. RIP Alan Young. :(

On 5/17/2016 at 11:42, Matanza Julep said:

Am I the only one really intrigued by a dark version of Archie? :shifty:

238px-AfterlifewithArchieIssue1cover.jpg

Nope.

Onto season two of Black Sails, really enjoying it.

Oh man, last night's Veep had some great cameos.  Peter MacNicol! Jim O'Heir! MacNicol's character seems like he may become recurring, which I would welcome with open arms. Same for Jim O'Heir, but I think the odds of him becoming recurring are a lot fewer. Still great to see both of them pop up, though.

For the first time ever I ran to zero shows to watch on my Sky box today, so decided to try some pilots of the box sets. Modern Family was funnier than I remember, and Modern Family seems like it is picking up right where Desperate Housewives left off which is nice. Also got Penny Dreadful and Billions to check out.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

For the first time ever I ran to zero shows to watch on my Sky box today, so decided to try some pilots of the box sets. Modern Family was funnier than I remember, and Modern Family seems like it is picking up right where Desperate Housewives left off which is nice. Also got Penny Dreadful and Billions to check out.

I remember the pilot of Penny Dreadful being super average despite having Timothy Dalton and Eva Green, but read some stuff recently that says it really picks up -- so please lemme know what it's like if you stick with it. 

So I watched the debut of Preacher today and holy, talk about a show that has tons of stuff going on and makes it hard to keep up with everything. I enjoyed it but I'm also quite confused by it as well so I think it's going to be one of those shows where it takes 2 or 3 episodes before I can decide whether I like it or not.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toronto Blue Forky said:

So I watched the debut of Preacher today and holy, talk about a show that has tons of stuff going on and makes it hard to keep up with everything. I enjoyed it but I'm also quite confused by it as well so I think it's going to be one of those shows where it takes 2 or 3 episodes before I can decide whether I like it or not.

About Preacher: You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. 

Flaked got shit reviews, I remember that much. Currently holds a 40% on RT and a 43/100 on Metacritic, and most other reviews I saw of it weren't kind to it either. Love got the opposite, lots of good reviews with one of the biggest criticisms being that Apatow cast Andy Dick in it after being so critical of Bill Cosby in the media.

• Like 1

Flaked was painfully average with a few entertaining moments, at times it was trying to be a live action Bojack and failing but I guess if you're bored it's worth your time. I personally really enjoyed Love, but I will say that I hope the lead male character is probably one of the most annoying characters I have ever seen and I hope he dies in a fire. Though I am pretty sure this was done intentionally and I've read about some people feeling the same way about the Gillian Jacobs character, either it's a cool little show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metaLLman again said:

I echo the sentiment that Love is a fine show but the two main characters are awful people. 

The ending was so goddamn frustrating too. 

I enjoyed how it played with perspective though, and how the way you view both characters changes over the season. I found it a refreshing take on the story, and still found enough it despite your frustrations with the characters, most of which is because a lot of what they do is still somewhat relatable. 

Watched the penultimate episode of Castle last night and concluded that I will be actually be glad when the show is over for me next week. I already knew it was past time and wasn't sad to see it go, but I sat down to watch it and realised exactly how little I get out of the show these days. 24 or so hours a year back is fine by me.