General Television Thread

Hellfire

I'll give the pilot a shot and gauge then, see if it's for me.

Also I've been waiting ages for Masters of Sex season three to air in the UK despite it FINISHING in America in September, only to learn it's been quietly dropped by 4. This shit is why people just pirate.

Lady Dynamite is amazing.  I was afraid I wouldn't be super into it because I love Maria Bamford and have seen all her stand-up oodles of times (she is my favorite comedian) so I was afraid it wouldn't be fresh, but holy shit it is so funny.  Also, it makes me feel crazy.

11 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Girlfriend wanted to watch the finale of Castle last night. So we did. 

Hide contents

Was shit.

Spoiler

The weird thing is that if they'd ended literally the scene before the apartment shooting, they could have had a not great but acceptable final few minutes. Instead they went with that trite and half-arsed bullshit.

Man, fuck that Castle finale. Dreadful.

Although I do like the (slightly nonsensical idea) that the final voiceover alludes to the last seven series all being the novels he wrote, and that final Happy Ending scene being the only 'real' part. Fuck it, it's canon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steeb said:

Man, fuck that Castle finale. Dreadful.

Although I do like the (slightly nonsensical idea) that the final voiceover alludes to the last seven series all being the novels he wrote, and that final Happy Ending scene being the only 'real' part. Fuck it, it's canon.

Spoiler

My canon was that the happy ending was him and Kate in heaven after they died from those gsw's.

• Like 1

Five seasons in and not sure why I still watch Once Upon a Time. Nothing ever happens because they never adhere to the stakes they set. It's not like it's high on my watch list anyway, but I genuinely wonder why it's on it at all.

Just watched the first episode of Preacher...I have no idea what is going on (Is Cassidey a bad guy? I kind of assume so from the murder plane...and eating the cow....but...maybe not? Also, what the fuck happened on that plane?!)....but it seems like it might have some potential. Poor nerdy man, taking the advice far too literally :(

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

Just watched the first episode of Preacher...I have no idea what is going on (Is Cassidey a bad guy? I kind of assume so from the murder plane...and eating the cow....but...maybe not? Also, what the fuck happened on that plane?!)....but it seems like it might have some potential. Poor nerdy man, taking the advice far too literally :(

Spoiler

Cassidy's a vampire. The people on the plane were vampire hunters trying to kill him.

As for the cow, he doesn't necessarily have to drink blood iirc - he's said before that he prefers beer or whiskey - but drinking blood (of any kind, human or animal) helps him heal faster. 

42 minutes ago, Cloudy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ah, gotcha...that explains all the weapons. 

Was it mentioned that he is one on the plane? I didn't quite hear the scene all that well. 

I'm pretty sure it's never outright stated, but he makes mention that they've been hunting him and one guy even tries to douse him in holy water and do the whole "demon be gone" schtick.

Also, omg, this week's Veep episode is hilarious. Especially when Selina takes her supporters to "The Green Room". 

I’m gonna shut down those factories faster than you can bedazzle a fucking sweatshirt!