General Television Thread

Hellfire

On August 3, 2016 at 15:26, DFF said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for good politically themed shows/series? 

I adore The West Wing, and am partial to a bit of The Thick of It too. I enjoyed the UK House of Cards. 

My shortlist is basically:
US House of Cards
Veep

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

If you're into the intricacies of the political system I am going to recommend Borgen, which is a Danish tv show about a woman unexpectedly winning an election and becoming PM. It is pretty cool. If you liked the West Wing and don't mind Sorkin pontificating then you should give the Newsroom a shot. If you don't mind a vaguely procedural, not always exciting political drama then Madame Secretary might up your alley. Finally if you don't mind a mostly fun, wildly unrealistic political show that occasionally falls off a cliff only to crawl back into your heart then by all means give Scandal a shot.

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 01:33, Moses Julep said:

If you're into the intricacies of the political system I am going to recommend Borgen, which is a Danish tv show about a woman unexpectedly winning an election and becoming PM. It is pretty cool. If you liked the West Wing and don't mind Sorkin pontificating then you should give the Newsroom a shot. If you don't mind a vaguely procedural, not always exciting political drama then Madame Secretary might up your alley. Finally if you don't mind a mostly fun, wildly unrealistic political show that occasionally falls off a cliff only to crawl back into your heart then by all means give Scandal a shot.

Thanks! I've been meaning to give Borgen a shot, so this might just give me that bit of impetus I need to do so. Ta muchly.

3 hours ago, DFF said:

Thanks! I've been meaning to give Borgen a shot, so this might just give me that bit of impetus I need to do so. Ta muchly.

Boss wasn't too bad but it only ran for two seasons. And it might even be on 4oD.

7 hours ago, Benji said:

You are the worst :/

Why? Jess has become the clear cut worst part of New Girl. For damn sure. There's nothing cute or charming about her at all. She's worn out her welcome and shtick.

14 hours ago, Lars Mulder said:

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Rick and Morty. Why am I always late on the trains of amazing shows? It really kicked off the second episode!

I was pretty late getting to it as well, but once I started I was hooked. I watched a single episode from the second season, then binge-watched all of season 2 and went back later and binge-watched all of season 1. Great show.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Thomas Gibson suspended from Criminal Minds

Allegedly kicked a writer over "creative differences".

Bad news, Criminal Minds fans! (Me and @R.W. and uh is that it?)  Thomas Gibson's been fired from the show over this.