Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

General Television Thread

My sister is doing a watch of Sons of Anarchy, so I've watched the few episodes with her (the last two episodes of season 5 and the first episode of season 6) while I play WMMA and do other shit during this three day weekend. Holy shit, this show is so fucking bad. Like, it's a teen drama meets biker gangster. The lead's mum gets her own love triangle and shit. Every episode even ends in a montage with some slow song playing in the background. How can anyone watch this drivel.  

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

My sister is doing a watch of Sons of Anarchy, so I've watched the few episodes with her (the last two episodes of season 5 and the first episode of season 6) while I play WMMA and do other shit during this three day weekend. Holy shit, this show is so fucking bad. Like, it's a teen drama meets biker gangster. The lead's mum gets her own love triangle and shit. Every episode even ends in a montage with some slow song playing in the background. How can anyone watch this drivel.  

I didn;t find it that bad, and anyone I spoke too was entertained by it too. 

Got a 10 minute view of Miranda because my girlfriends sister likes it. Good Lord it is dire.

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

It was much better in the earlier seasons. Much more fun and less po-faced and serious.

I gave up on it in season 5 when it just became a full-on misery fest. The Irish season was very poor too despite a cracking finale.

The first season especially was good, of Sons of Anarchy. I enjoyed the whole thing, but it really fell off the rails when it became obvious that it had an originally planned ending for the Shakespearean story they were telling, but then the show just kept going.

Have no idea about the earlier seasons, but season 5 and the beginning of season 6 is just awful. The whole story about the nurse's brother, Jesus Christ is it cringey. 

Oh, yeah, no, Sons of Anarchy had fallen off the deep end by that point. Season 4 was the last watchable, if not great, season.

On 22/07/2019 at 13:12, Moses Julep said:

Veronica Mars finale:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

When I realized what was about to happen I paused for like five minutes. I basically knew that A Bad Thing happened in the finale and I was definitely prepared and confident it was Logan-related, but the fakeout with him seemingly leaving her at the altar threw me off for a minute.

That being said, I'm perfectly fine with it going down that way even if I'm not in love with Penn being the big bad of the season. Overall it was a really strong return and I hope they do more live-action Veronica Mars stuff sometime soon.

Finished watching season one of WU ASSASSINS on Netflix. Hope there's a season two.

(The main bad guy is played by Tommy Flanagan, who played "Chibs" on SONS OF ANARCHY.)

Also have been watching THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW, aka THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE-OFF. Just got done watching the season where they changed channels, so different hosts and one of the judges. I actually am familiar with the newer hosts from previous work they've done....and I liked the previous hosts better, despite having no clue who either were prior to watching the show. 

4 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Finished watching season one of WU ASSASSINS on Netflix. Hope there's a season two.

I want to watch that but right now I resent it starting after Iron Fist and by proxy the other Marvel shows got cancelled <_<

American Ninja Warrior:

*sigh* Buzzerless episode due to an unbeatable obstacle. *Yawn*

Saw a trailer for the next season of MTV's Challenge. If Bear is involved, can they please just send him home right out of the gate, please? The only two people I hate more than him are Devin and Shane.

Invader Zim: Enter The Florpus is everything you'd expect out of an Invader Zim special. If you were a fan of the show before, you'll probably like Enter the Florpus.

• Like 1

I went in to Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling expecting perfectly acceptable fluff, and came out with a rumination on the nature of change, acceptance, and, what surprised me the most about this special, trans awareness. I approve wholeheartedly. Great special.

• Like 3

GLOW season three was wonderful...

Spoiler

Bash sort of coming to terms with his sexuality was amazingly done. The way they have skirted around that for so long and never made it offensive, and probably had one of the most tender coming-to-terms moments I've seen on TV was just wonderful. I hope Sheila gets a lot more time if they do another season (though given Netflix's recent history, three seasons means the show is now done <_< ), because she was the one person I felt never really got the exposure her story deserved. Bash, Carmen and Britanica made this season for me, but there wasn't a single person not pulling their weight.

• Like 2

Rewatching Community. Pretty sure I'm finding the first season funnier than I originally found it. Also, it's aged pretty well considering this was about 10 years ago, right? I mean, not aged perfectly, but not so bad, I think. 

After the whole thing about Harmon and the staff on his writing team, though, I can't help associating him writing Jeff Winger as himself. 

Stephen Amell's next TV project is a wrestling show called Heels for Starz.

Set in a close-knit Georgia community, Heels follows a family-owned wrestling promotion as two brothers and rivals war over their late father’s legacy. In the ring, somebody must play the good guy and somebody must play their nemesis, the heel. But in the real world, those characters can be hard to live up to (and just as hard to leave behind).

• Like 1