General Television Thread

Hellfire

Five episodes into Vice Principals and it's totally up my street and plugging the lack of comedy shows in my life at the moment, as I eagerly await Brooklyn Nine Nine S3 on Netflix. Goggins & McBride have great chemistry, and I've always been a sucker for this brand of comedy -- which makes think I should also watch Eastbound and Down one day. 

Also three episodes into Stranger Things, which I'm kind of happy to be starting after the hype's died down slightly. It's not lived up to that ridiculous hype, but it's a binge-worthy show, which is a lot of fun, and the cinematic eights influence is cool (seriously, I'm all in for any John Carpenter-esq soundtrack, e.g. The Guest). Some of it's a bit on-the-nose, but then, so were it's influences, so I can live with that. And I guess, importantly, I really just want to keep watching it, so it's doing something right. And the young girl is absolutely insanely good, she is by far the best thing about it. 

Edited by Jimmy

On 22 August 2016 at 05:52, Alex. said:

The Night Of = show of the year. One more episode to go, idk if anyone here watches it, but please do so. Anyone that is a fan of the art of television, the writing, the acting, the cinematography, you will enjoy this show.

This show is amazing.

Watched the first 6 episodes over the weekend, just got the final two to watch tonight.

Everything you said is right, the acting is great, the writing, cinematography. They absolutely nailed the casting as well. 

I'm wondering what sort of twists are to come because I'm sure there's going to be one or two.

Just finished watching, absolutely brilliant from start to end. 

Although, having watched the Inbetweeners 2, the choice of song in the very last scene completely ruined it for me. <_<

C. Martin Croker, who was a really influential animator and voice actor for Cartoon Network and eventually Adult Swim, died on Saturday. He's probably best known for voicing Zorak and Moltar on Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast, Cartoon Planet, Toonami, The Brak Show, and others. So here's the episode of SGC2C with Randy Savage in it, because EWB:

• Like 2