Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

General Television Thread

Nobody talks about it anymore but Mr. Robot is still great! This week's episode is fantastic. 

• Like 1

I've not been this excited for a TV show since... forever.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has ruined games for me because it has set a standard that is way, way too high for anything else to get close to. And the books are fantastic as well although I've only read four of them. And from the bits in the trailer it looks like they are going to be doing "The Butcher of Blavikan" bit. If it is only as half as good as in the books it will be amazing.

At first I was really pissed off that Dandilion wasn't listed in the cast list on IMDB or Wiki, but they are using the Polish version of his name, Jaskier, in the show. Much relief. 

Also right at the end of the trailer you get to see him all cracked out on potions.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MDK said:

I've not been this excited for a TV show since... forever.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has ruined games for me because it has set a standard that is way, way too high for anything else to get close to. And the books are fantastic as well although I've only read four of them. And from the bits in the trailer it looks like they are going to be doing "The Butcher of Blavikan" bit. If it is only as half as good as in the books it will be amazing.

At first I was really pissed off that Dandilion wasn't listed in the cast list on IMDB or Wiki, but they are using the Polish version of his name, Jaskier, in the show. Much relief. 

Also right at the end of the trailer you get to see him all cracked out on potions.

Apparently the showrunner for The Witcher has seven seasons mapped out so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pat Sajak had to have surgery, so Vanna White will actually be hosting some episodes of Wheel of Fortune airing in early December. That should be interesting. 

"I'm feeling kind of unhappy and melancholy, I think I'll watch the penultimate episode of The Deuce." ~ me, an idiot.

• Like 1

You know what's a bad show? That Paul Rudd one on Netflix. It had what I thought really good potential, but it's sort of garbage. 

Paul Rudd charm can only take you so far. 

3 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

"I'm feeling kind of unhappy and melancholy, I think I'll watch the penultimate episode of The Deuce." ~ me, an idiot.

wait, what, as in Season 3?

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

You know what's a bad show? That Paul Rudd one on Netflix. It had what I thought really good potential, but it's sort of garbage. 

I enjoyed it, but then I could happily watch Aisling Bea watch paint dry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benjamin said:

I honestly found it unwatchable and gave up three eps in.

I loved the Aisling Bea Paul Rudd show

The Bridge Season 3 has been absolutely fantastic. I thought losing Kim Bodnia would make it really not good at all, but Thure Lindhart's character has been even better. What a great season.

Would like a recommendation if possible.

I'd love a new drama/series to get stuck into, Netflix is preferable, in the UK so don't really have much else apart from iPlayer and the like.

I have previously watched and loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, White Collar, Line of Duty, Parks and Rec and a few more. I tried House of Cards and couldn't get into it.

Thanks in advance you lovely people :)

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

wait, what, as in Season 3?

Yeah, that's the one.

Just now, GoGo Yubari said:

Yeah, that's the one.

Oh man, that hasn't made its way over here yet :(

Well, every penultimate episode of every season of a David Simon show is usually a bummer, so that's more of a "hey, the format of these shows are still the same" warning.

(though honestly The Deuce S3 might be the most singularly depressing season of a show he's ever made, up there with the even-numbered Wire seasons)

22 minutes ago, Oakesy said:

Would like a recommendation if possible.

I'd love a new drama/series to get stuck into, Netflix is preferable, in the UK so don't really have much else apart from iPlayer and the like.

I have previously watched and loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, White Collar, Line of Duty, Parks and Rec and a few more. I tried House of Cards and couldn't get into it.

Thanks in advance you lovely people :)

Have you watched Ozark? Fargo is also good but I'm not sure it's on Netflix UK.

11 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Have you watched Ozark? Fargo is also good but I'm not sure it's on Netflix UK.

I haven't seen Ozark but have seen Fargo, loved it that much  bought my dad season 1 on DVD to watch it again 😂

Fargo is an amazing series, I'm going to rewatch it all again soon.

Have you seen Luther, Oakesy? It's a BBC series, very dark but good. I think it's all on the IPlayer, if not the first 4 series are on Netflix and then there's one more after that that came out this year.

The American Office is always a good one, that's on Amazon. Parks & Recreation is like it's little sister really.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Fargo is an amazing series, I'm going to rewatch it all again soon.

Have you seen Luther, Oakesy? It's a BBC series, very dark but good. I think it's all on the IPlayer, if not the first 4 series are on Netflix and then there's one more after that that came out this year.

The American Office is always a good one, that's on Amazon. Parks & Recreation is like it's little sister really.

Haven't seen Luther, have heard good things :)

Is the US Office better than the UK one? Haven't watched much of either.

5 hours ago, Oakesy said:

Bodyguard? Might still be on iPlayer. And if you didn't like House of Cards, maybe try the original UK version? Oh, and Spooks is pretty good.

And definitely Luther. Massive shout out to it because there is an important scene that was filmed around the corner from my old manor. 

• Like 1

@Oakesy do you like Nordic Noir?

I have watched and enjoyed: Midnight Sunrise, Occupied, The Bridge, and Borgen just to name a few to start with.

And now I've watched the series finale of The Deuce and cried at a TV show for the first time in a long time. There's pretty much one trick that will always fucking get me and David Simon played it.