Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

General Television Thread

16 hours ago, Oakesy said:

Would like a recommendation if possible.

I'd love a new drama/series to get stuck into, Netflix is preferable, in the UK so don't really have much else apart from iPlayer and the like.

I have previously watched and loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, White Collar, Line of Duty, Parks and Rec and a few more. I tried House of Cards and couldn't get into it.

Thanks in advance you lovely people :)

Oh yeah, just to add to my previous, Utopia on C4. The End of the F***ing World is on there too, I remember that being quite good. And... just having a look at what 4oD has... They have all of The Shield which is a fantastic program if you like cop dramas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I miss Utopia :( 

Don't even get me started. I loved everything about that show, the casting was great, the cinematography was great, the soundtrack was banging, it was dark, fun storyline... bah.

We finished watching the End of the F***ing World last night and I have to say, it's really fucking good. 

The first episode of The World According To Jeff Goldblum on Disney+ is him discussing sneakers. Goddamnit, Disney. You got my money.

Having to wait a whole extra week for the new Rick and Morty sucks.

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

Having to wait a whole extra week for the new Rick and Morty sucks.

Where is it airing over here?

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Why is Disney+ not available here yet? :( 

You probably saw already, but we get it in March. :(

4 hours ago, Colly said:

You probably saw already, but we get it in March. :(

Kind of secretly hoping Colly is Malaysian as well, somehow :shifty:

39 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Kind of secretly hoping Colly is Malaysian as well, somehow :shifty:

Oops!

Witcher stuff:

Spoiler'd just in case you haven't read the book or get wet at the sight of Geralt

Spoiler

5dlp9w6wiby31.jpg

This is supposedly from the first episode which includes how Geralt became "The Butcher of Blavikan". Unf, if you you have ever read the books you'd know that this is a really, really good scene. Also, if they can translate the Oh Fuck-ness of when one of the bad guys shoots a crossbow at Geralt, and he deflects it, it will be amazing.

On 12/11/2019 at 09:07, MDK said:

Don't even get me started. I loved everything about that show, the casting was great, the cinematography was great, the soundtrack was banging, it was dark, fun storyline... bah.

Ugh, right? 

It had a great collection of really good, versatile British actors (Neil Maskell, Paul Higgins, Adeel Akhtar), alongside established faces (Geraldine James) and exciting, young talent. It also came at a time just before we started pitching in on fresh, bold TV shows (End of the Fucking World) and it felt like a shot in the arm. Even when it wasn't hitting with everything it tried, you couldn't help but appreciate that they were trying and all on a minuscule budget in comparison to the stuff made in the US. 

And just when they'd broadened the world, got through the difficult second season in a really satisfying way...they cut it. 

Humbug. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Ugh, right? 

It had a great collection of really good, versatile British actors (Neil Maskell, Paul Higgins, Adeel Akhtar), alongside established faces (Geraldine James) and exciting, young talent. It also came at a time just before we started pitching in on fresh, bold TV shows (End of the Fucking World) and it felt like a shot in the arm. Even when it wasn't hitting with everything it tried, you couldn't help but appreciate that they were trying and all on a minuscule budget in comparison to the stuff made in the US. 

And just when they'd broadened the world, got through the difficult second season in a really satisfying way...they cut it. 

Humbug. 

This is it. It was going for Champagne lifestyle with Lemonade money, and it worked.

Did they not make a US version?

Also, this

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDK said:

This is it. It was going for Champagne lifestyle with Lemonade money, and it worked.

Did they not make a US version?

Also, this

Fincher was attached but it felt through I think

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Where is it airing over here?

Next week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Next week.

Where, not when :P. Thanks though! I couldn't find out when I looked last week I think it was.

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Where, not when :P. Thanks though! I couldn't find out when I looked last week I think it was.

Oh where!! E4 and then All4.

• Thanks 1

Thank you! That's perfect then, looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

Thank you! That's perfect then, looking forward to it.

Or maybe @Benji will send you a text on an unrelated matter as well; who knows!