General Television Thread

Hellfire

17 hours ago, Benji said:

Oh fuck, Y: The Last Man has a show runner. This is actually finally happening.

Woo! One of my favourite comics! I'm glad it's being made into a tv series instead of a film too, as there's way too much material to cram into 120 minutes.

• Like 1

The Exorcist has been my surprise sleeper hit of this year. Episode five pushed it over the edge to really good TV, a lot of good actors, some good script, some decent effects, and just generally keeping with that sense of vileness/dread that the film had as it goes on.

Ron Glass, the man who played Sgt. Harris on Barney Miller - and probably most notably, recently, Shepherd Derrial Book on Firefly & Serenity - has passed away.

On 11/26/2016 at 03:41, GoGo Yubari said:

Heads up, voting for EWB's Favorite Show 2016 starts next Thursday! Get those lists ready, catch up on shows that are hovering around that #15 spot!

You are cruel. How do you expect me to finish the Crown, Westworld AND Preacher in a week? :( 

You'll have a good 2 - 2.5 weeks to edit those in, don't worry :P

Right now Westworld and Search Party are the primary two shows I want to finish to get a fair feeling on if they're going to crack my list. I do have the last four episodes of Preacher on my DVR but I don't think it'd make anything other than my ten honorable mentions.

An article I read said that 30 Rock was included, so not entirely original content.

Either way, I can't really make use of it if it's just for phones and tablets. Maybe someday if I get a phone with a bigger screen.

On 11/30/2016 at 20:50, GoGo Yubari said:

An article I read said that 30 Rock was included, so not entirely original content.

Either way, I can't really make use of it if it's just for phones and tablets. Maybe someday if I get a phone with a bigger screen.

Chromecast maybe.