General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 12/20/2016 at 11:19, Cloudy said:

I sat down and watched a couple episodes of Adam Ruins Everything. Real fun show. They're doing a special "Adam Ruins Christmas" episode tonight as well.

One of my favorite shows on TV right now!

On 12/20/2016 at 03:21, DFF said:

Has anyone watched The OA yet? Any good?

Just watched the first episode after a friend recommended it to me. It's....confusing. I have no idea what is happening, but I am intrigued.

On 12/18/2016 at 14:58, Cloudy said:

In "news that will only be news to me" news, looks like season 3 of Girl Meets World may be its last. The season finale is the Boy Meets World cast reunion episode and is titled "Girl Meets Goodbye", and for a short time Disney Channel Canada's website listed it as the series finale. 

No official announcement yet. I've been looking for news nearly every day, and the last I heard their was a discussion of being moved to a Freeform channel.

I feel a strong urge to recommend Dirk Gently'a Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix. I just finished watching it and I really enjoyed it. It's really odd so I don't know how to really even go about describing the premise but it's just really enjoyable and I feel like it has a lot of heart, and every character is really strong and interesting. It's like a crime-mystery-detective-comedy-sci fi-drama-caper. Elijah Wood is excellent, Fiona Dourif is excellent, this guy Mpho Koaho I'd never heard of before is excellent, they're all excellent.

in summary: I recommend it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I feel a strong urge to recommend Dirk Gently'a Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix. I just finished watching it and I really enjoyed it. It's really odd so I don't know how to really even go about describing the premise but it's just really enjoyable and I feel like it has a lot of heart, and every character is really strong and interesting. It's like a crime-mystery-detective-comedy-sci fi-drama-caper. Elijah Wood is excellent, Fiona Dourif is excellent, this guy Mpho Koaho I'd never heard of before is excellent, they're all excellent.

in summary: I recommend it.

I've seen the first episode ages ago. I enjoyed it but nothing will beat Stephen Mangan as Dirk and Darren Boyd as MacDuff.

Humans season two was great. I honestly thought at the time that season one should have been a self-contained mini series and that the finale should have been closed better, but season two really did some great stuff, and really took it all to the next level. Sonya Cassidy was an amazing addition to the cast. The variance of the synths and that constant question of just how human they are and exactly what it is that makes them conscious was magnificent. A lot of shows and film tackle this stuff, but I honestly think it may be one of the better ones. Deserves a lot more love than it gets.

• Like 1

Is PENNY DREADFUL worth watching? I don't get Showtime, so I couldn't watch it when it first aired. But Netflix has it, and I've watched the first two episodes. So far the only thing interesting was a fight in the first episode. And Josh Hartnett's character got laid in both episodes, something I hope isn't a consistent part of the show. Does the show actually get better?

On 12/26/2016 at 18:55, Ace said:

No official announcement yet. I've been looking for news nearly every day, and the last I heard their was a discussion of being moved to a Freeform channel.

http://tvline.com/2016/12/29/girl-meets-world-cancellation-season-4-update/

In the latest episode of “Literary Disco”, Strong — who reprised his role as Cory’s best friend Shawn Hunter in the TGIF follow-up — says the series has “ended” following production on Season 3.

“We finished the third season of Girl Meets World — my brother and I were directing a lot of episodes and I acted in a couple — and the show ended,” Strong said.

And then the GMW writers tweeted: