General Television Thread

Hellfire

NBC's ordered pilots from Mindy Kaling and Tina Fey.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/nbc-comedy-pilots-mindy-kaling-tina-fey-bill-lawrence-1201895277/

Written by Kaling and Grandy, the untitled Grandy/Kaling comedy centers on Vince, a charismatic gym owner with no ambition who lives with his younger brother Michael, a gorgeous idiot. Their simple life of women and working out is put on hold when the teenage son of Vince is dropped off on their doorstep by Priya (Kaling as a recurring guest star), one of his old high school flings.

Penned by Brooklyn Nine-Nine executive producer Del Tredici, The Sackett Sisters is about two estranged sisters who perform a Sully Sullenberger-esque act of public heroism, then are forced to navigate their new found notoriety together.

So I watched the debut episode of Riverdale and I don't really know what to think at the moment. It felt like Veronica Mars but not as good. Plus it felt like a really long hour which television shouldn't make you feel.

It's like any number of teen drama shows on CW, centred around a murder / some mystery in a small town / New York (for the Gossip Girl fan in you :shifty:).

I expected the usual, where everyone in the show is hot, including parents and high school teachers and stuff, but I did not expect Archie to

Spoiler

have a fling with Miss Grundy :lol: I just couldn't stop laughing about that, every time that story line came up I just kept picturing their comic versions having this dilemma!

Also, speaking of CW shows, No Tomorrow really went out fucking banging. That was an awesome finale, and I kind of hope they have a season 2, even though I don't know how they'd go about it as it was a show that completely put rom-com tropes on its head. Highly recommended for that finale alone.

7 minutes ago, Benkid Cratchit said:

It's like any number of teen drama shows on CW, centred around a murder / some mystery in a small town / New York (for the Gossip Girl fan in you :shifty:).

I expected the usual, where everyone in the show is hot, including parents and high school teachers and stuff, but I did not expect Archie to

Reveal hidden contents

Also, speaking of CW shows, No Tomorrow really went out fucking banging. That was an awesome finale, and I kind of hope they have a season 2, even though I don't know how they'd go about it as it was a show that completely put rom-com tropes on its head. Highly recommended for that finale alone.

See, I need to watch Gossip Girl. Yes I enjoy teen dramas. :P 

I forgot to plug how incredible season two of Voltron Legendary Defender was. Expanded on all the mythology, deepened every single character in the show (both good and bad guys, no matter how small their role), and had such amazing animation that I was blown away.

8 hours ago, Benji said:

Dragon Ball Z Kai has finally started airing the Great Saiyaman saga in English dub. Was really hoping they would release them all on DVD first or something so I could binge it and watch Dragon Ball Super as the English dub airs, but I'll take what I can get.

I keep getting Dragon Ball Super episodes popping up under recommendations on Youtube, and I haven't given a damn about Dragon Ball since the original DBZ. (I did watch some of GT.)

Unsure if this is the right place to ask a question but it seemed better than starting a new thread, I binge watch alot of shows while also keeping up with current shows that I find interesting.

One of the shows I am currently binge watching 6-10 episodes a week is JAG which used a double episode to introduce NCIS, I am almost at that point but am unsure if I could manage to add another series to my backlog of shows to binge to the most recent episodes, as things stand I have 8 series I'm binge watching at various stages of completion.

Would you recommend that I complete a couple of the other series I have partially completed before adding NCIS to it? How many series do you normally have that your catching up on?

I'd definitely complete at least a couple other series before starting NCIS, if I was in your situation. 

Props to you for being able to binge watch that much AND juggling that many different shows. I once binge-watched the first two seasons of ARROW, and that alone drove me nuts. 

16 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I'd definitely complete at least a couple other series before starting NCIS, if I was in your situation. 

Props to you for being able to binge watch that much AND juggling that many different shows. I once binge-watched the first two seasons of ARROW, and that alone drove me nuts. 

Part of the reason I have so many on the go is because I hit a point where I can't watch it for a few days and watch something else, four of the eight series I have partially complete would become a show I only watched the new episodes once I catch up, the others are no longer airing and would lighten my load a great deal for awhile.