General Television Thread

Hellfire

Finished Santa Clarita Diet this morning because I couldn't sleep. I enjoyed it. A lot of times the b-stories with Eric & Abby (the kids) were the stories I liked the most, but there was still good stuff in the main stories.

Full spoilers/don't read if you haven't finished Santa Clarita Diet:

Spoiler

Joel snapping and murdering Dan was a pleasant surprise. I knew it was only a matter of time before Dan died, but I figured they'd find out he's a crooked cop or something and use that to justify Sheila killing and eating him. 

And there's something more sinister at play with Dr. Wolff, right? Unless I'm mistaken at the end of episode 8 (or 9) she actually turned that rat undead. Didn't she?

Oh, and I got a good laugh out of Loki wanting to be a folk/country singer after he became undead.

• Like 2

Nathan Fillion's set to guest star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine as an actor who works on a cop show. 

AVClub:

The episode will revolve around a murder happening on the set of a TV show called Serve & Protect, with Fillion’s character offering to help Andy Samberg and Stephanie Beatriz solve the case by drawing on his years of experience as an actor who pretends to solve crimes. 

• Like 4

Man, Supernatural still gets me even now with its humour, but this one really made me giggle.

S12 E6...

Spoiler

Dean: oh…. um….. since the last time we saw you, I killed Hitler
[Sam’s Face: what this again? Yes this again. Sorry it’s this again - I give up]
[Jody’s Face: um…. um….. wha?]
Jody: ….. thank… you????
Dean: you’re welcome
[Dean’s Face: why yes, yes you are, very welcome]

So much of it is in Dean's face, so writing it down (I actually stole it from a Tumblr) doesn't do it justice, but I can't find a clip.

• Like 1

It's at the end of this

• Like 2

1 minute ago, New Year New Srar! said:

The new 24 series stars the guy who played Dre in Straight Outta Compton

Huh, this is the first time hearing about a new 24... I thought it was never gonna return with Jack Bauer becoming president and all (designated survivor).

Are there any characters from the old series that have returned? Or is it basically just a pseudo retcon with new leads?

The Duffer brothers promise Stranger Things won’t overstay its welcome

They apparently have a 4 or 5 season arc planned and want to leave it at that.

I'll believe it when it happens.  Supernatural had a 5 season arc planned, and its currently on season 12.  Seasons 6-10 are generally regarded as its weakest, where S11 picked up a bit and S12 is well received

Nah, Netflix is smart enough that they know a good story needs a start, a middle and an end. It's not like they're struggling for shows, they seem to be coming out with something solid every few months, and they've got a ton in the pipeline, plus they don't have to tow to ratings and advertisers the same way TV does.

• Like 2