General Television Thread

Hellfire

14 hours ago, Ruki said:

This weeks It's Always Sunny....

Reveal hidden contents

Holy shit, Dee is evil.

I saw the ending coming the whole episode, except for the fact she planned it. When I realized she was doing it on purpose I actually clapped. It was definitely evil, but I always heavily appreciated that Dee got devious on the level of Frank or Dennis. Or Cartman. Like, as far as getting revenge for something really petty goes, this was an all-timer, and ya gotta love that.

Regarding Lethal Weapon

Spoiler

I like the show but it is so predictable at times. So Riggs and Murtaugh are after an ex-convict who they beleive tried to steal a car that was used to smuggle drugs from an impound lot. The guy is legally represented by Murtaugh's wife who has worked with him for years and is adamant that he is innocent. So of cause they get in a argument about it. We also learn that the guys has a younger brother. Everyone with half a brain can figure out that it's the younger brother.

Also in the second to last video Riggs and Murtaugh save Riggs psychiatrist from a stalker who had murdered her boyfriend, another psychiatrist who he tied to frame as the stalker and tried to kill her ex-husband. After that she decided to refer Riggs to another psychiatrist because his reckless behavior resultings from the grief about the death of his wife that she is supposed to help him deal with is also what saved her life that day. Which is all fine and well. But then in the final scene when she goes into her office she finds Riggs walking on her balcony saying that his new psychiatrist has undone everything she did and that he would jump if she doesn't continue to have sessions with him. And she agrees. 

That was disturbing as fuck! But the show plays that moment almost for laughs. Just Riggs acting out again because his wife died. I know that that is a major part of his character and he has done a lot of reckless things over the course of the TV Show that any real officer would be fired for. But it's an action show and the kind of stuff I expect from a Lethal Weapon adaptation. But emotional blackmail to get his way? And it doesn't even have any consequences for him! in the next episode it is all back to normal again. The incident isn't even mentioned. Instead they do their version of Lethal Weapon 2 and introduce their version of Leo Getz. They even bring in a love interest for Riggs. What the fuck? Am I overreacting here?

Oh, and the new Leo Getz sucks. The actor isn't terrible but he is no Joe Pesci.

Edited by Hellraiser

Ten episodes into iZombie and I'm enjoying it, but have two issues...

Spoiler

First is that the episodes are still way too reliant on how good the crime of the week story is. Second is that there's too many characters who are "attractive man", usually brunettes. Where are the rest of the ladies in this universe at?

So far it's not something I'd suggest watching off-hand, but it's not something I'd turn anyone away from if they were interested either. I'm hoping the Buffy comparisons get stronger soon as that had a pretty middling first season too.

Did you see 11.22.63? It was a Hulu original based on a King work, produced by JJ Abrams. It was pretty good I thought. And the list of King works is relevant because they all take place in or nearby the fictional Castle Rock, Maine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Did you see 11.22.63? It was a Hulu original based on a King work, produced by JJ Abrams. It was pretty good I thought. And the list of King works is relevant because they all take place in or nearby the fictional Castle Rock, Maine. 

I wasn't a big fan of it. It was okay, but I struggled to bother finishing it.

Also, TIL to the second part.

Deadline says it's based on King's short stories

Castle Rock, from Abrams’ Bad Robot and Warner Bros TV where the company is under a deal, is based on short stories by King. It is named after Castle Rock, the fictional area in King’s native Maine that serves as the setting for a number of his novels, novellas, and short stories. 

It's being written by Sam Shaw and Dusty Thomason, who worked on (and in Shaw's case, created) the WGN show Manhattan.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, anthology series.

The Hollywood Reporter further added that the show will follow an anthology format, and “will weave together characters and themes from those novels that use the Castle Rock location.”

• Like 1

Pilot of Big Little Lies definitely had the help of Reese Witherspoon being phenomenal, and so far everyone else has been downright splendid, plus the production definitely seems bigger than the average HBO show. Now we just gotta' see if the actual mystery of the show can keep up.