General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yeah, I heard that one was bad. I was semi-looking forward to it because they had a couple of Super Smash Bros Melee players cameo in it, but I've already seen that cameo.

• Like 1

Who had cameos? I didn't realize.

Also, since we're just a little over a month away from the return of Veep, I present you my favoritest Veep clip ever:

More Peter MacNicol this season, please. Thank you! (And of course, more Jonah, but that goes without saying. EDIT: And Richard Splett. Always more Richard Splett.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Who had cameos? I didn't realize.

The Moon and DJ Nintendo, but they don't have lines in it or anything. They just got a bunch of local-to-NYC pro gamers to play an esports team who are all visible in one scene, because someone or other in the writers' room is legitimately a fan of that stuff. There's also a scene earlier in I think this season where Sherlock's brainstorming on something or other and they snuck the tags/logos of a bunch of major Smash players on the whiteboard.

• Like 1

The Always Sunny and Man Seeking Woman season finales were last night.  Some thoughts on the seasons.

Man Seeking Woman:

The more this season went on, the more I started to think it was actually going to be the end of it.  I mean the whole point of the show is that the main character goes on one awkward failed date after another.  This season he meets someone in the first episode, stays with her the whole time, every conflict they have is resolved by episode's end, and they get married in the finale.  I mean...what else can you do?  Man found woman.  The show is still hilarious and they could continue on take it in a different direction but the original premise has been resolved.  I'm guessing they wanted to end the season in this way just in case there's no renewal.

It's Always Sunny:

Some absolutely hilarious episodes mixed in with a few subpar ones.  The ending to the finale though didn't phase me until today.  Sure, tease Dennis leaving, whatever.  Only today to now read that Glenn Howerton's gonna do a NBC show so he might not actually be back.  Shit.  Nothing's official but they clearly wanted to leave it open ended in case time commitments don't allow him to continue on with Sunny. 

:( It's possible there will be more than a year layoff before the next season, so right now it's in a wait and see approach.  But MAN losing any of The Gang would be gutting.

Speaking of that Always Sunny spoiler..

Spoiler

Glenn Howerton was interviewed by Uproxx and Alan Sepinwall and had this to say:

“So… it’s a little complicated. I may seem a little bit evasive here, and I don’t mean to. It’s not entirely certain whether I am or am not. I might be. I might be, but I might not be. That really is the truth. Just to be clear, to dispel any potential weirdness, it has nothing to do with my relationship to anyone on the show or Rob or Charlie or anyone like that. It’s partially a creative and personal decision. We may be taking an extended hiatus between season 12 and season 13. So I’m certainly staying open to the possibility of doing more, but there is a possibility that I will not."

Speaking personally, I watched the first two episodes and was so appalled by the misfortune heaped upon those orphans that I haven't had the heart to continue watching.

(until later this week probably)

• Like 1

Just now, LarsLars said:

How do you guys decide what serie to watch? There is so much cool old and new shit out there!

I know, this is the biggest problem I'm having right now. I end up just going with something I've seen a million times. It's why I just re-watched all of The Office and started Scrubs. 

12 hours ago, LarsLars said:

How do you guys decide what serie to watch? There is so much cool old and new shit out there!

If it doesn't grab me at the pilot or second episode, save them up to marathon or watch on Netflix when it comes on that. If it really doesn't grab me at that point, dump it. I'm also getting better at dropping shows that start to really suck rather than sticking with them out of some misguided loyalty. It started with a double header of Ryan Murphy shows (Glee and American Horror Story) and has most recently seen Arrow fall victim.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LarsLars said:

My TiVo box has quite a bit of storage. :shifty:

It's rare for me to outright dump a show, a la @Benji, but I can often consign them to the 'binge when there is a gap in scheduling'.

Admittedly, I do seem to watch/follow more than my friends. I actively record-to-watch: Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Supernatural, Fargo, Legion, Elementary, Taboo, The Walking Dead, The Strain, Homeland, Person of Interest. There's also straight-to-stream stuff like Stanger Things, Riverdale, Better Call Saul, Designated Survivor (all Netflix) and Vikings, Black Sails, Lucifer and a few others on Amazon Prime.

Sleep is for the weak. :shifty:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LarsLars said:

Alan Sepinwall and/or Chris Ryan from The Ringer, really. If either (or both) give their seal of approval I generally won't be disappointed. 

• Like 1