General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yeah, but we're supposed to obviously sympathize with the Larsens over Rosie's muder. Having her fiancee just shit all over it does nothing to make him seem even remotely likable, and I'm fairly certain they want us to feel bad for him.

I liked certain aspects of it but the politics stuff never really caught my interest and then the Somali red herring stuff really plunged my interest right off a cliff. I just have no emotional stakes in anything anymore with that show, which is terrible for a show where the main plot is finding out who killed a teenage girl.

Guest Neon Noodle

What did you want with the investigation though? When they were going through a suspect a week, people complained it was too formulaic. When they spent several weeks on one suspect, people complained he wasn't interesting enough to hold their attention. When they started from scratch this week, people complained that they had no suspects.

• Like 1

I guess I wanted something compelling and the show never presented it. It's not even about "oh they're going through too many suspects" or "oh they're spending too much time on this one guy," I just genuinely haven't been interested in anything on the show other than Holder and vaguely Richmond in a good while. Part of it is probably just TV fatigue from all the other stuff I watch on Sunday night, admittedly, and I'll take Game of Thrones and Treme over The Killing any day of the week.

• Like 1

And see I can't get into Treme no matter how hard I try. Bores me to sleep, literally, everytime.

The Somali stuff felt like filler I admit. I had no problem with the suspect being the teacher for 4 weeks or whatever, I had a small issue with the hate crime aspect and then the Muhammad resolution, which felt like a red herring when it was over for the sake of being a red herring. I will say however I love the Richmond stuff and the campaign stuff. To be honest if the show were all about that from their POV for 13 days I think I would actually like the show more, and a lot of that has to do with the cast for that subplot being so damned good.

And yes Maxx, I agree with what you said. He comes off as dickish, and I'm sure they didn't mean for that to happen. Watch him be the fucking killer. But the one person I think did come off as unlikeable is the mom. The dad I love to death, but the mom has become so fucking annoying.

And see I can't get into Treme no matter how hard I try. Bores me to sleep, literally, everytime.

Um, okay? You're entitled to that opinion.

Catching up with Fringe, 'cause I heard it got much better later on in season 1, and 2 and 3 are also supposedly good. I remember watching the first few eps and thought it was very random. I'm glad an actual story is developing now I'm halfway through season 1.

Oh man, it does nothing but get better from then on. You are in for a fun ride.

Yeah, I despise Mrs. Larsen. Poorly written and poorly acted.

I'd agree with the disliking of her, but certainly wouldn't say her roles been poorly acted. I actually think she's played her role just about as well as it possibly could be. The character isn't great or exactly likeable, but I'd say it's not really supposed to be.

Loving the show all around. Pretty good episode last night, Holder is still all kinds of awesome.

just finished season three of fringe and now I'm watching Parks & Recreation because I've never seen it before. For some reason I thought it used the awkward humor that The Office uses and I really hate that. I'm happy to see that it doesn't and I've been really enjoying it. Just started season two.

Really is, felt like they were trying to make up for the lack of character development in one episode. It really could have used some cut ins to Richmond or the Larsens, even if they were only quick ones. Weird time to cut them out entirely.

The preview of next week's episode makes me think I'll be re-upping my hatred for Mrs.Larsen, she appears to be yelling at Stan about not really changing. Bitch, he only beat the shit out of that guy because you fucking told him to.

Filler or not, I loved that episode. The two main and best characters being focused on for the entire episode was great. Think it actually did a good job for both of their stories too. Pretty excited to see what they're going to do in these final two episodes and how they actually wrap it all up.