General Television Thread

Hellfire

Did anyone catch Terriers when it was on last year? I finished it up a few days ago after watching it through Amazon, and damn it was a great show. Such a shame that it had low ratings and cancelled, it was really well done. The humor was great and the acting was great too. If you have any interest, do yourself a favor and watch a few episodes, Terriers was awesome.

I actually watched Terriers a couple of months ago and now I'm kinda sad I did, because it was great and I want it back :angry:.

• Like 1

Archer is fucking amazing. Yet another awesome program I have EWB to thank for getting into.

This. Everyone who hasn't watched it should do so.

Judy Greer should just be involved in everything that's ever going to exist :wub:.

Did anyone catch Terriers when it was on last year?

Thanks for reminding me about Terriers dick :(

• Like 3

Breaking Bad is such a great show. I don't know why it took me this long to watch it, but I really like it. I am only three episodes into the first season right now and will be watching the fourth one tonight.

Also, is there really a point in me watching Parks and Recreation season one? If I end up skipping this god-awful boring episodes, will I not get some things by just jumping to season two? Then again, I will probably end up finishing off the first season anyways for completeness sake, but man, this 20-minute show feels like such a choir to watch and I've only seen two over a couple of days. It will just probably take me a few weeks at this pace. :shifty:

Poor poor how I miss thee Terriers. :(

So The Killing this week was the very definition of filler. To the point that I was thinking to myself "well I can now see why GoGo and others quit watching this now". If they had shown us something, anything else, it might not have felt so out of place, but they didn't. Not that it was bad, but it pretty much proved everyone's criticisms of the show to be spot on. With three episodes left it was a silly time to do that. Now we have two left. I will actually be surprised if this thing gets renewed.

Frank Darabont spoke about AMC demanding budget cuts for The Walking Dead to the point where he feels it will hurt the show. That's not a good sign at all. How about instead of 13 subpar episodes you go ahead and give us 6 to 8 really good ones AMC?

Have I missed the debut of Wilford or that new TNT alien invasion show?

After the whole Terriers thing, if Sons of Anarchy doesn't get another season after 4 then I'm done with FX <_<

If FX dumps Sons of Anarchy, I hope Spike picks it up. But I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Isn't Sons of Anarchy their most popular show to date? I know the season 3 premiere was their highest rated season premiere ever.

It's fantastic. Biggest thing to keep in mind is that every episode can be drastically different from the one before, and the genre of the show is easily bent. One week may be along the lines of a simple single-camera sitcom revolving around Louie's love life, and the next may be a dramatic remembrance of his struggle with religion. Basically, the episodes are best described as short films that stand alone.

Guest Neon Noodle

Breaking Bad is such a great show. I don't know why it took me this long to watch it, but I really like it. I am only three episodes into the first season right now and will be watching the fourth one tonight.

Also, is there really a point in me watching Parks and Recreation season one? If I end up skipping this god-awful boring episodes, will I not get some things by just jumping to season two? Then again, I will probably end up finishing off the first season anyways for completeness sake, but man, this 20-minute show feels like such a choir to watch and I've only seen two over a couple of days. It will just probably take me a few weeks at this pace. :shifty:

There's only six episodes in season one, I think you'll be able to plow through it okay.

I didn't really hate the first season of Parks, possibly because I plowed through all of them back to back. Second and Third seasons are much more fun.