General Television Thread

Hellfire

So, Torchwood: Miracle Day.

The first episode was.. eh, not very good. The script felt really repetitive and crammed, similar to this last season's opening to Doctor Who, only without the style, pizazz or skill on the writing front to get away with it. There were enough interesting ideas that, once the show gives it's storyline and characters some time to breath, it should get a lot better. I hope it does, anyways. The world needs more Jack Harkness. (Y)

Is Luther on BBC any good? It has Idris Elba in it which is enough to make me interested but I haven't really watched any BBC drama's in a long time.

Nope.

If you wanted a BBC drama you should have watched The Shadow Line. It wasn't great, all told, but it was a lot more interesting and original than Luther. Unfortunately I doubt it's still up on iPlayer.

Been watching the League here lately - season 1, at least, since it's on Netflix - and holy crap it's awesome. So many great lines.

"Daddy's friends think they're gonna go balls deep in him, uh huh, but daddy's gonna go balls deep in them! Yeeeeah!"

• Like 1

So Curb Your Enthusiasm comes back tomorrow. God have I ever missed that show. I think between it, Louie, and Futurama popping up now my current Top 15 for 2011 is finally starting to take shape (though Walking Dead, Dexter, and Bored To Death all have strong shots at factoring in).

Breaking Bad. Season 3. The episode about the Fly.

I've been really enjoying the show, but what the fuck did I just waste 50 minutes of my life watching.

I'm so hyped for Sunday it's not even funny.

Breaking Bad. Season 3. The episode about the Fly.

I've been really enjoying the show, but what the fuck did I just waste 50 minutes of my life watching.

It's probably the worst episode for a great TV show that I've ever seen. I don't know if they were short on ideas for the season and needed some filler or if they thought it was something really clever, but I was so pissed when I watched that. I stayed up late the night it aired to watch it on DVR, I had to work really early the next day, but didn't want to risk seeing a spoiler the next day, so needless to say, I was pissed.

did anyone check out that new show on syfy, Alphas?

I downloaded the first episode and am liking it thus far... be interesting to see where they take it...

Cloud, how good is The League... Love that show... Both season 1 and season 2 are shows I can watch repeatedly and they do have some of the best lines to repeat...

Got Alphas waiting to be watched. Not that excited, mind. I mean I doubt it can be worse than Heroes ended up being, but that show killed the concept for a little while. Maybe it'll be different in execution.

Been watching season two of Sons of Anarchy. Some of the Irish accents, jesus. I dunno how many of them actually are Irish. I know the guy playing Jimmy isn't because he was the Man in Black on Lost, American fella. Shockin' stuff, seriously. Very Alan Partridge, "Dere's more to Oirland dan dis".

Is Luther on BBC any good? It has Idris Elba in it which is enough to make me interested but I haven't really watched any BBC drama's in a long time.

Nope.

If you wanted a BBC drama you should have watched The Shadow Line. It wasn't great, all told, but it was a lot more interesting and original than Luther. Unfortunately I doubt it's still up on iPlayer.

I really hated the Shadow Line. Pretentious in a 'its really long and nothings happening, so it must be good' way. I actually gave up at one point simply because of the BBC's rubbish scheduling meaning I Sky+'d half an hour of Mock the Week and missed half an episode, but I've really no desire to iPlayer it because frankly I don't even care how it ended.