Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

General Television Thread

Well I watched The Killing, and was really impressed. Probably the first US show I've watched barring 24 I suppose with one story chugging through the whole series, and having 13-14 episodes rather than the usual 20+ gave it a more European style (yes I know its a Danish rework). Kept me guessing until the end (I was right though, possibly...) and just felt well written and well acted. Flew through it as even Mrs Colly wanted to know what happened after each ep.

I was just surprised that it wasn't wrapped up at the end, having presumed it was a one off. Will definitely watch Series 2 but would've liked some closure!

Finished Breaking Bad season 3 today.

Jesus, poor Gale. The way the season goes full circle with Walter and Jesse and does it totally organically is amazing.

Well, I finished BreakBad Season 4 just now! Ha.

Holy shit. That ending image asks so many questions. The season over all was great, high drama and always entertaining.

I felt kinda like a girl when I started watching as I expected it to be Twilight: The TV Show but it became clear about halfway through Season 1 that The Vampire Diaries is pretty good and definitely superior to True Blood. As you'd expect, there's the teenage/love angst but pretty solid overall.

I hated the Fly episode. A pretentious overreach that wasted an entire hour of the season. Never before or since has Breaking Bad had an episode that was less than good, but that one literally bored me to sleep.

And Boardwalk Empire is the best show I've ever watched that is actually terrible. A terrific cast, great acting, a show that's almost breathtaking to look at, but when I sit down to actually watch it, it is a chore to get through an episode.

• Like 2

Pretty much that on Boardwalk. I love everything about the show except the generally plodding pace. The season 2 opener was a perfect example of it. About to watch the second and I'm hoping Goggles is right that it's much better.

For me - although I am admittedly a season behind you all - there's so much going on that is actually intriguing, that I tend not to really care that not a load of progress is being made with each storyline. Plus Stephen Graham is immense. So there's that.

Decided to give Glee another chance. Skipped 'Original Song' since it was the episode which was the straw that broke the camel's back. Coming back into it, it seemed to find it's groove again almost immediately after that episode. Four episodes beyond it and I'm really enjoying it again.

I'm trying to remember what's around that period. Does that include "Sexy?" Because that's the episode that saved the season for me.

Erm, Sexy was just before Original Song if I recall rightly. Fleetwood Mac episode, Night of Neglect and the Born This Way episode (the latter of which was thoroughly mediocre, but the other two were enjoyable enough to keep me going).

Really? I thought Original Song was earlier in the season than that. Fleetwood Mac episode was good, I don't remember really liking Night of Neglect (especially not the fucking awful scene where Gwyneth Paltrow explains to us all why we should never criticize things on the internet), and Born This Way was what it was.

I do guess that that means you're fairly close to the season two finale now, then. I'm sorry about that.

I thought Night of Neglect was saved by Rachel's discussion with Mercedes about Aretha's earning respect, as well as the return of the adorable Sunshine and the debut of THE PINK DAGGER~! :shifty:

Oh, yeah, Stephen Tobolowsky owns Night of Neglect. Him and the guy who plays the asshole jock who isn't Karofsky. Sunshine I didn't care about because this episode really exposed Charice's inability to actually act.

Did anyone see the most recent episode of Dexter? That was the second time today I've laughed at the ending of an episode of a show (I cracked up at the ending of The Walking Dead too). Spoilers below:

Headless mannequin pieced together with people riding on horses? What the fuck? I love it.

EDIT: Homeland is a really good show. Go out of your way to watch it good. I'm only two episodes in though, so things may change, but I really like it right now. It's the sort of show that would be fantastic for one or two seasons though, I hope that they don't try to drag it out like with most shows.

I really want to like Terra Nova. I really do...

But it's pretty shit. It's not got a good story. It's not got good acting. It's not even got any reasonable comedy to keep me going (if I have to heard that 'in the past, lol I mean future' joke one more time I may just shoot my TV). I do not understand why this show was touted as one of the biggest shows of the year.

Eurgh, just as I'm enjoying it, that 'Rolling In The Deep' moment was everything that began to piss me off about Glee.

I really want to like Terra Nova. I really do...

But it's pretty shit. It's not got a good story. It's not got good acting. It's not even got any reasonable comedy to keep me going (if I have to heard that 'in the past, lol I mean future' joke one more time I may just shoot my TV). I do not understand why this show was touted as one of the biggest shows of the year.

I really like it. I haven't sat down and watched yesterday's episode yet, but I've been enjoying it.

To me, it's got the feel of a poor version of A Town Called Eureka. None of the fun or charm, and far too concerned with using it's budget than telling a story.

Ah, I've never watched Eureka. I enjoy the idea of Terra Nova more than I do the actual show, if you know what I mean. But still enjoying it. I quite like the main cast, too. And I hope it gets better and deeper as we move further into it.

I'm in the saem boat of really wanting to like Tera Nova. The concept is brilliant but the characters are so boring and generic that I can't quite like it. I felt the same way going into to Loast, very excited by the premise but unlike Tera Nova, Lost had interesting characters, dialogue and plot.

I'm really liking House this year. They've gotten rid of a ton of characters and the show is more streamlined now. I like the new people they've brought in and hopefully we'll get an appearance from everyone on the old team at some point in the season but I would rather that none of them actually return.

I'm in the saem boat of really wanting to like Tera Nova. The concept is brilliant but the characters are so boring and generic that I can't quite like it. I felt the same way going into to Loast, very excited by the premise but unlike Tera Nova, Lost had interesting characters, dialogue and plot.

I worried that would happen as soon as Jason O'Mara was cast. This is a man who made Albert Wesker, one of video games' greatest villains, a dull as fuck character when he appeared in the RE film.

I worried that would happen as soon as Jason O'Mara was cast. This is a man who made Albert Wesker, one of video games' greatest villains, a dull as fuck character when he appeared in the RE film.

To be fair, surely half of that is awful writing? It's not like you have much to work with in the Resident Evil films.