General Television Thread

Hellfire

Will anyone be watching Big Brother tonight?

Yeah, only to see the utter cluster fuck that it is and hope that the rumors of Sheen going in are true.

Yeah, me too i really do hope Sheen is in. If i he his i reckon he will be favorite to win.

Just watched the Halloween episodes with Abed dressed as Batman. At first I thought the show was good, but not quite living up to the hype that EWB had created but you're right it's just getting funnier with every episode. I'm looking forward to getting to the Pulp Fiction ep, even though I'm pretty sure that's a long way away - or maybe not even in this season.

You're a long way off from the Pulp Fiction episode, it's in the tail end of season two (and without spoiling anything, don't get too fixated on the idea that it's a Pulp Fiction episode). And yeah, the Halloween episode is really where the show kicks up a notch.

I saw the first episode of Wilfred but never looked any further. I probably will at some point, it's pretty much my standard to watch the first episode and take ages to watch the rest. Did the same with Community come to think of it, and that turned out to be amazing.

Been watching Freaks and Geeks again, and again I'm loving it. Has to rank up there as one of my favourite shows of all time. Such a shame there was only one season because the characters had so much more to give :(

Also started Louie and Party Down. Louie is pretty strange but I like enough of it that I keep watching, and Party Down is fantastic. Once again, a shame that it got cancelled, but at least I'm only like four episodes in so I have a fair amount left to watch.

Edited by Pesci

Working on season two of Breaking Bad (on the fourth episode) and Jesus, the most thankless job in TV acting has to be for The Wife in any series centered around a morally ambiguous male lead (see: Walter White, Dexter Morgan, Don Draper, Tony Soprano, even Jimmy McNulty).

I ended up checking the Community pilot after how you've been praising the show and you weren't wrong, that was great and from what i've read here i assume it's only going to get better.

EDIT: Just finished the second episode, it was even better. Need to watch the whole thing now.

Edited by The Sandman

Is there any good British shows I should watch/should be currently watching? I've gone through nearly everything I want to at this point (except Lost, West Wing and Breaking Bad) and I'd like something a bit different. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I can watch almost anything but I'd rather it be relatively recent so anything in the last ten or so years would be good.

Edited by Hellfire

Is there any good British shows I should watch/should be currently watching? I've gone through nearly everything I want to at this point (except Lost, West Wing and Breaking Bad) and I'd like something a bit different. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I can watch almost anything but I'd rather it be relatively recent so anything in the last ten or so years would be good.

I'm pretty sure such a thing doesn't exist.