General Television Thread

Hellfire

And jesus, talking off Buffy. Rewatched it with Mrs. Summ. We're onto season 6. I wish it'd end. I'm bored now. There's one AMAZING episode for every three bland ones.

Anyway, Hush is the best episode ever. In fact, season 4 was just very good. (Fear, Itself. Beer Bad. A New Man. All good.) Shame The Initiative in general suck.

5 had some great episodes too.. The Relacement, Fool For Love.

Holy shit.. Season 3, Homecoming. SlayerFest! That was brilliant. Doppelgangland was great too.

Sums up my point well. A few great episodes in every season. But a lot of filler and bland.

The musical episode is awesome :shifty:

Yeah, I just watched the paintball episode and that was awesome. And on the topic of Buffy, I don't think I found any of the season's boring. Obviously there were some filler episodes but I always loved each season, some more than others of course.

Is anyone watching the US remake of Shameless? Its grown on me stupidly fast to the extent I may actually prefer it to ours, possibly just due to my love of William H Macy in fairness but it is very good. No doubt it'll be cancelled like every other US show I start watching.

I wasn't so sure about it first, but yeah it just keeps getting better and better. Best comedy since the first two seasons of BBT, probably even better.

If the first two seasons of The Big Bang Theory are your measure for great recent comedy, you clearly haven't watched enough comedy shows in the past years.

You're right, i haven't really watched any other comedies than Big Bang Theory and Happy Endings this spring and BBT hasn't been as good after those first two seasons. Any other good shows out there that i've missed? If i remember correctly someone recommended Parks and Recreation to me at some point so might check that out soon as well.

Edited by The Sandman

Guest mr. potato head

Personally I like Parks and Rec even better than Community. It's lighter on the pop culture stuff, but it's got a ton more heart and characterization.

Is anyone watching the US remake of Shameless? Its grown on me stupidly fast to the extent I may actually prefer it to ours, possibly just due to my love of William H Macy in fairness but it is very good. No doubt it'll be cancelled like every other US show I start watching.

It's an absolutely wonderful show, I can't wait for it to come back in January.

I've also begun watching Community, almost through season 1 and I love it.

Community's not on Netflix or Hulu, is it?

It is not, but I'm sure if you PM me, I can help you find it through other legal means. :shifty:

EWB should be getting fucking commission with the amount of people who've started watching Community here.

If it means that the show keeps running for a long time, that's all the commission I need.

• Like 2

Do I get hipster cred for having watched it from day one? I think I deserve hipster cred.

Me too then!

But not that I care or anything.

I'm sure a bunch of you guys don't even KNOW about hipster cred.

Oh, now we're posting clips from it. Finished the first season, hopefully this show stays on for a while. Guess i will spend my last week of vacation watching Season 2, when will the next season start by the way? I assume at some point in September/October?

Also rewatching Dollhouse, it got way better as it went on. Mostly in second season, too bad that no one watched it.

Edited by The Sandman