General Television Thread

Hellfire

I liked the ending of Entourage, but considering how in doubt the chances of a film are, I wish they hadn't done the final bit at the end with Ari and John.

I thought they were definitely doing the movie, especially after the final scene. Now, I really hope they do it.

I liked the ending of Entourage, but considering how in doubt the chances of a film are, I wish they hadn't done the final bit at the end with Ari and John.

I thought they were definitely doing the movie, especially after the final scene. Now, I really hope they do it.

It seems like the cast and producers are all over it, but I'm just not so sure Entourage was hot enough in it's final series to get one. I mean, if 24 only managed to get a TV movie, what's the chances of Entourage getting an actual feature film? I'd love for it to happen, but I don't think I've heard a single thing about it happening other than the cast wanting it and it being talked about as a possibility.

I'm watching season 1 of Breaking Bad for the first time - I know, weird, but I started watching BB at the start of season 2 - and man, even in the very first episode Walter has badass moments. Like when he confronts those kids bullying Walt Jr. in the clothing store? That was amazing.

EDIT: Also, neat little touch I just found out about (contains spoilers for BB season 4):

Max, the friend and partner of Gus revealed in season 4's flashbacks, is named after the actor who played Krazy-8 in Season 1.

That's a good point, but it's an HBO thing. Sex and the City got its own movie in theaters. Plus it's on IMDB. I hope that counts for something. :P

Being on IMDB is a minor step up from Wikipedia, unfortunately. Hoping this means Entourage starts airing again from the start soon. I've only ever seen random episodes, but loved it. I'd love to catch it from the very first episode.

That's a good point, but it's an HBO thing. Sex and the City got its own movie in theaters. Plus it's on IMDB. I hope that counts for something. :P

Being on IMDB is a minor step up from Wikipedia, unfortunately. Hoping this means Entourage starts airing again from the start soon. I've only ever seen random episodes, but loved it. I'd love to catch it from the very first episode.

Not really. IMDB doesn't fact-check or require any sort of sources whatsoever, nor do they really have the dedicated team of editors that will remove unsourced material or anything of the sort. I'd trust something on Wikipedia sooner that I'd trust something on IMDB.

• Like 2

I can tell you now, it can and could happen, but it's not started yet. The difference between Entourage and Sex in the City is that Sex in the City was watched by like 80% of all woman worldwide with access to a television set. Entourage, not quite as much.

In other Entourage news though, I'm rewatching it lately. I forgot how awesome Bob Saget was in it. And Jeffrey Tambor!

Starting to catch up on Louie after missing the last three or four episodes. If not for Kiernan Shipka on Mad Men those two girls who play his daughters would be my favorite child actresses on TV. They're both so great, and the one who plays the younger daughter has basically one beat to hit (repeatedly whining and insisting on getting something she cannot possibly get) and she manages to keep it fresh and hilarious every single time.

EDIT: Wow. "Duckling" might be one of the best episodes of TV in 2011. Right now I'd say my shortlist of the best episodes of the year is something like, in no particular order;

1. "Duckling" from Louie (or possibly "Eddie")

2. "A Fistful of Paintballs" from Community

2. "Baelor" from Game of Thrones (or possibly "A Golden Crown")

4. "Li'l Sebastian" from Parks and Recreation

5. "Palestinian Chicken" from Curb Your Enthusiasm

Off-chance of "Goodbye, Michael" from The Office being there too but I really really need to rewatch that.

Eastbound and Down. Worth watching?

The short answer is yes. Although I never felt it necessary to actively seek out when it's on, I do enjoy it if I come across it. It's just never grabbed me the same way that, say, Bored to Death has. Now THERE'S a show worth watching, especially the second season.

Eastbound and Down. Worth watching?

Most definitely. Especially if you're a fan of Danny McBride's roles in Pineapple Express, 30 Minutes or Less, Your Highness, and The Foot Fist Way then you'll love it. Other than maybe Always Sunny, I think Eastbound is the funniest show I've seen in a long time.

Like Apollo said, check out Bored To Death as well. Great show.

Edited by hot rod

I regret missing the Emmy's. Apparently there was a skit with Aaron Paul and the cast of The Office, where Aaron appeared in-character as Jesse to deliver meth to Creed.

I regret missing the Emmy's. Apparently there was a skit with Aaron Paul and the cast of The Office, where Aaron appeared in-character as Jesse to deliver meth to Creed.

It was actually a full thing with a bunch of characters from different shows + Kim Kardashian. But Jesse Pinkman showing up was by far the funniest bit.

The Emmy's was also good for Jane Lynch more or less saying "oh god shut up already" in response to Ricky Gervais going on about how awesome and controversial his Golden Globes hosting gig was again. In terms of who actually won things, though, eh. Hooray for Peter Dinklage, "hooray I guess" for Mad Men winning Best Drama (not really something I care about anymore because of course they win that, but when the fuck are they going to win awards for acting?), eh for everything else.

Enjoy obsessing over Community and you've already seen the full 2nd season? You'll enjoy this kind of old AV Club article. (Obviously, most every possible season 2 spoiler is in there.)

And they've just started a similar look at Season 2 of Louie! (Again, recommended only if you've seen the second season.)