Who the hell is this Ke$ha woman?

apsham

I'd say La Roux is miles better than Lady GaGa - I got much more excited about "Bulletproof" and "In For The Kill" than anything Lady GaGa did bar "Just Dance". I don't think GaGa's horrible, I can quite enjoy her music when I'm in the right mood, but unless she can prove herself to be able to adapt, I doubt she'll be any more relevant in four or five years than, say, Avril Lavigne is now. Maybe not "flavour of the month", but she's hardly a Madonna or a Kylie.

Oh, and as for the "name better electro-pop female types" side to this thread, I don't think I've ever heard Uffie or Little Boots (or "Ke$ha", come to think of it), and I'd forgotten that Robyn ever troubled the charts, but I could bang on for hours about electro artists better than Lady GaGa, but suffice to say that while they've not been at their best for a long time now, "Lovely Head" by Goldfrapp is streets ahead of any other song mentioned here so far.

Edited by Skummy
  • Like 1

As much as PRP/Rock Paper Scissors is the kind of poster that gets on my tits from time to time, I have to agree here. I'm not a big Katy Perry fan, I don't find her attractive or really enjoy her music, but fair enough some people like that kind of stuff. Not my thing. However, her live voice is fucking dire. Fair enough vary things up a bit, but you can tell that she has to bring herself up to a certain key and sort of level out instead of being able to change key freely like the song 'I Kissed A Girl' demands.

Anytime you want me on your tits, just give me a call.

When I was at the club on Saturday, they played Ke$ha's song and it seemed to me like people were over her... I think she was a case of too much hype too quickly... and after hearing her album, doesn't seem to be any thing else that will keep her relevant. But hey, I thought Lady Gaga was only gonna have two hits in Pokerface and Just Dance and didn't think people would like the rest of her album, but I turned out to be wrong, so what do I know.

Edited by RockPaperScissors
  • Like 1

I swear that I heard a country version of "I kissed a girl" about a year before Katy Perry was ever anybody.

Remembered the song because I thought it was weird to hear a typical sounding country song(complete with required country twang between each line of the chorus)about 2 women liking each other.

Usually the country version of a song comes a couple years later, give or take.

When Tim McGraw covered Ryan Adams "When The Stars Go Blue", that was like five years. When Bon Jovi did a country remake of (the already crappy) "Who Says You Can't Go Home", it took about a year.

Edited by Lowerdeck

I saw Kedollarsignha on Fallon last night... wow, horrible. Just horrible. I don't get the obsession with Lady Gaga, but I'd rather listen to her album on repeat for 12 days before I ever hear Kedollarsignha ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

Lemme just summarise my thoughts on everything.

Lady GaGa = She's probably the most popular woman in pop atm, which just makes her the next Britney, Kylie etc. Like those in question she has a habit of producing some very catchy songs that vary in quality. Bad Romance is admittedly pretty bad... but ends up getting catchy with the Ra Ras and the chorus. Something that you expect to happen in pop. It's not absolute musical genius... but that's not what you should be looking for in a popstar.

Ke$ha = pretty bad, but I'll admit to finding Animal catchy. I see her being the next La Roux, milking everything out of those two songs and then buggering off into obscurity.

Little Boots = Now this is a wonderful pop star. She doesn't try to do 'raunchy' like GaGa (that causes mixed feelings towards her <_< ) but instead tries to do 'cute'. With a name like that and her wonderful electropop songs, she can pull it off magnificently.

Goldfrapp = I should probably get into her more, but I'll admit that she probably isn't a good choice to be put into this criteria. Unlike the above three I don't see her as a popstar... more as a vocalist in the Bjork mould... this is probably just general ignorance but Lady GaGa, despite her trying to be 'alternative' still just plays standard pop tunes in a standard way... Goldfrapp plays pop in an alternative way and thus will never be popular enough to compete with the above three :(

Quite frankly, you are all sad and just want a shag :angry:

Kesha? Really? And Britney is a whore?

What? You didn't think you could have a discussion on female pop personalities and not expect me to turn up? :shifty:

No, weird obsessions aside, this is a woman who has been associated with Paris Hilton.

PARIS HILTON.

I need say no more.

But I will.

A "Degenerate Hannah Montana", according to The Guardian.

I weep.

The essence of this is no matter how popular or talented she may be to others, she gets on my tits and I will not be won over on the matter until the second album, rise to fame and subsequent head shavings and falls from grace.

I also question whether it is sexy to state you brush your teeth with Jack Daniels. Is that what you want to kiss? Personal hygiene is important.

Since I don't often listen to the radio as often as I used to, I do find it funny when I'm in shops and can never actually work out when it is a Lady Gaga song. Even when she slightly changes the style of song she releases, it still sounds just about as generic as you can get, its hard to fish her stuff out among a lot of the other dross.

Plus, she looks filthy....and not in the good way like Summers pointed out >_>

Quite frankly, you are all sad and just want a shag :angry:

Kesha? Really? And Britney is a whore?

What? You didn't think you could have a discussion on female pop personalities and not expect me to turn up? :shifty:

No, weird obsessions aside, this is a woman who has been associated with Paris Hilton.

PARIS HILTON.

I need say no more.

But I will.

A "Degenerate Hannah Montana", according to The Guardian.

I weep.

The essence of this is no matter how popular or talented she may be to others, she gets on my tits and I will not be won over on the matter until the second album, rise to fame and subsequent head shavings and falls from grace.

I also question whether it is sexy to state you brush your teeth with Jack Daniels. Is that what you want to kiss? Personal hygiene is important.

I must point out that yes, I would have no problem kissing a girl who had just brushed her teeth with Jack Daniels. Who cares about hygiene, it's JACK DANIELS :shifty:

I agree - Jack Daniels is frothy, sugary piss in a bottle. Jim Beam, Woodford Reserve, Bulleitt Bourbon... these are generally the bourbons to drink.

If she's going to wash her mouth with anything, it should probably be soap, the foul-mouthed hussy :angry:

• Like 1

Kesha's newest single "Blah blah blah" or whatever hit the radio recently. Was listening to it on the drive home from Tampa.

Was regretting the decision, it was atrocious. It's literally a toss-up between that and "Imma Be" by the Black Eyed Peas for worst song on the radio at the moment for me.

• Like 1