The African Cup of Nations 2010

Crybaby Bunting

So, the ACON '10 is here, and should be a cracker. The last ACON was one of my favourate tournaments for some time: brilliant goals, shocking tackles and a wonderful atmosphere.

So far so good, Angola thrashing Mali 3-0... Mali being the team that people have been tipping as the dark horses of the competition, and now probably no longer doing so ¬_¬

Of course the big news so far is that Togo have pulled out due to a terrorist incident... but from the looks of it they're the only ones to do so.

EDIT: 4-0... hmm :/

It's on Eurosport (is that ironic?) in the UK if anyone's looking for it.

I've watched the last few ACN tournaments, they're always good and usually unpredictable.

Angola whipping Mali is unusual. It's 4-1 to the hosts at the moment, not much time left. Mali are still a strong team though, can't rule them out as title contenders just yet.

Oh well. In any case this can only be good for my chances in my AFCON sweepstake at work: I drew Algeria, and frankly they need to finish top of the group to have even a slight chance of not being raped by whoever comes out of Group B for the Quarter Finals. :shifty:

Since there's cash prizes on offer for 1st/2nd/3rd place, all they need to do is get to the Semis and I have a 75% chance of winnings.

Anyone seen the story of the guy who lay bet against Mali at 4-0..........sounds ok, but the fact he bet 4400 that they would lose after the 4th goal, which would have won him 44 quid, and then they draw 4-4, really could not stop laughing! He used his uni money to fund it too

http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/10912-i-admit-it/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking...oh well that's Algeria out. <_< Should have had the game sewn up if they hadn't wasted most of their chances...

EDIT: ...And just as I type out my annoyed mumblings, Algeria equalise in added time! :w00t:

...How many bajillion chances do Algeria need to kill this thing off? :/

Of course if their goalkeeper is now crippled, that could be fatal. >_<

Oh look...he was just playing crippled. Dose cwazy Algewians.