Download Festival 2010

New Damage

These are all the acts efestivals.co.uk have listed as strong rumour/rumour/to be confirmed.

Strong Rumour

Five Finger Death Punch

Killing Joke

Soundgarden

Van Halen

Rumour

Alexisonfire

Glamour Of The Kill

Guns N' Roses

John Garcia

Metallica

To Be Confirmed

Dillinger Escape Plan

Steel Panther

Not the most reliable of sources though i suppose.

I can't really see Metallica or Guns N' Roses being there and NOT being a head liner. Wouldn't this be GNR's first (round of) festival(s) since Chinese Democracy came out? Can't remember hearing anything about them. And having Metallica as a non-headliner and being second on the bill to AC/DC, RATM or Aerosmith just doesn't seem to fit in the sense of musical style type days they have.

Whilst I am a little disappointed that Soundgarden won't be headlining if they are there, compared to AC/DC, Aerosmith and RATM given the last 3 months they've had over here, it makes sense. I would imagine they'd go on the same day as RATM (and also have some sort of Audioslave shenaniganery as it would be to hard not to do) as they're from the same time period.

I can fully imagine Five Finger Death Punch being there again, War is the Answer came out last year, not sure if it was before or after (edging towards after) last years Download, and that was damn good. Wouldn't be surprised if Black Stone Cherry show up at some point too.

DOUBLE POST I KNOW...

“Please Download – can I have some MORE?!” How about this lot: Thirty Seconds To Mars, Stone Sour, Billy Idol, Lamb of God and Five Finger Death Punch – all added to the Download 2010 line-up! Tickets on sale now…

Wow. I meh'd.

Ok, so my mate gave me 30SFM's latest album and it's not bad, and I all I've been listening to since just before Christmas is 5FDP, but meh.

I would imagine that this is the initial day line-ups: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

Edited by TheModernWay

• 2 weeks later...

I'm losing my festival virginity to Download. Had me with Rage and especially Aerosmith, though seeing Wolfmother and Motorhead will be cool too. Fingers crossed for some more awesome bands.

• 3 weeks later...

Steel Panther self confirmed at their shit hot gig at Sheffield's O2 Academy last night. So I assume they'll be one of the bands announced on Monday.

Wow...that looks spectacularly lame.

My mates will be gutted to see AC/DC & Bullet headlining the same night too...I myself hate Bullet for my Valentine.

But all the same, 22 bands there that are yet to be announced and all but one of them I don't give a shit about.