UFC News and Discussion Thread

Did you miss when Rogan said "Is that an Art Jimmerson mask?" :shifty:

He fought and lost to Royce Gracie at UFC 1.

I wouldn't be asking if I didn't miss that would I? <_<

I had planned to invite a couple people over to all split the cost up for the show but they can't make it so I'm just going to have to wait until morning I'm guessing before I get a chance to see it. I haven't seen much of Velasquez but everyone I talk to seems to think he has as good of a chance as Carwin did to take Brock out, so it should be interesting if nothing else. The undercard is really solid in name value and talent, this is looking to be a really good overall show and one I'm pretty disappointed I won't have the chance to catch live.

I had planned to invite a couple people over to all split the cost up for the show but they can't make it so I'm just going to have to wait until morning I'm guessing before I get a chance to see it. I haven't seen much of Velasquez but everyone I talk to seems to think he has as good of a chance as Carwin did to take Brock out, so it should be interesting if nothing else. The undercard is really solid in name value and talent, this is looking to be a really good overall show and one I'm pretty disappointed I won't have the chance to catch live.

If the problem is the prize, you could always find a good illegal stream to watch it.

Can't wait for this, Main Event could very well go to any side.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm pulling for Cain because I'm ready for the Brock over hype to stop. At the same time a small part of me wants to see Brock win so that I can watch JDS knock him out.

I'm most excited about Stout/Taylor and Cote/Lawlor (although I want Cote & Lawlor both to win so it'll be bittersweet).

I thought even the most crochety people stopped claiming Brock was overhyped after he beat Couture?

I'm pulling for Cain because I'm ready for the Brock over hype to stop. At the same time a small part of me wants to see Brock win so that I can watch JDS knock him out.

I'm most excited about Stout/Taylor and Cote/Lawlor (although I want Cote & Lawlor both to win so it'll be bittersweet).

I thought even the most crochety people stopped claiming Brock was overhyped after he beat Couture?

I think it stopped after that fight, but then picked up again after he claimed that his gameplan in the Carwin fight was to let Shane pound his face into hamburger for the first five minutes.

Pretty sure even the most hardcore of Lesnar fans can see that's complete bullshit.

As a side note though... if it actually WAS his gameplan, then he's a complete imbecile.

Going out to a bar tonight which will surely be packed (Last Lesnar fight the place was jammed, they don't have enough seats for a Penn-Edgar II PPV then they're definitely going to be filled up tonight) to watch this. Crowd will be pumped, it's going to be awesome.

I'm picking Lesnar by 3rd round stoppage. Hope to see Tito get his shit kicked into retirement too.

I hope Tito... wins.

I like Tito. I'm pulling for him against Hamill, and I think it's a good fight for him. For both guys, actually. Whoever wins can move on to a bigger fight, and whoever loses is probably looking at gatekeeper status for the rest of their UFC run.