UFC News and Discussion Thread

That was such a good night of fights, especially the Fitch fight. Everything went as I would have expected as well... should have put some money on the fights :/

The image of Story squirting his blood everywhere was both horrific and a thing of beauty, top notch card.

I did, Fitch at 11/10 was ridiculous odds for a guy of his calibre. Thanks for the free money bet365.

I had a five match accy at 6/1 come in. Easy show to pick results, picked up £60 as a result.

The only thing that annoyed me about this show was Rogan's constant 'HE'S FINISHED/HE'S GONNA TAP ANY SECOND! oh...no, he got out', it was like listening to a wrestling announcer telegraphing false finishes.

Griffin vs Sonnen for UFC 155 is off.

Sonnen is now coaching TUF 17 with... Jon Jones. Maybe that will keep TUF interesting for one more season (allthough I doubt it).

I predict Griffin Vs Bonnar II when Stephan is fully recovered. (UFC 155 seems a bit early).

TUF is still interesting. And even if it wasn't, you're seriously trying to tell me that you doubt those two would make it interesting? I'm not a big fan of either, but yeah, that's going to make for some great viewing.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Woooooooooo, we get to see Jones finally kill Sonnen. Combine it with Griffin vs Bonnar III and let's make it a triple retirement.

No, that is a horrible outcome. Honestly, the worst outcome. I'd rather that Sonnen make Jon Jones cry like the baby he is. Then he is free to retire.

Also, Sonnen and Jones being TUF coaches will do wonders for the smacktalk of the show but nobody at all will ever care about the actual fighters in the show. There isn't even a chance of that happening.

Who else would you have put up against Jones? He has run through every contender, except Dan Henderson who is out injured for the next million years. Chael Sonnen is a huge cashcow, namely because of his big mouth and I doubt anyone could do it after. With the two going through TUF together, Jones/Sonnen is an exceptionally good business decision since a lot of people will be watching the season and it will generate hype for the fight and thus will make Dana White a good load of dollar bills. If based solely on rankings or "rights to a title shot", I can sort of see where you are coming from, but again, Jones has run through every other fighter would could main event a PPV card. I think White and Joe Silva are quite happy that Sonnen decided to jump to light heavyweight when he did, then get rejected by Jones and now they have this program running.

Who else would you have put up against Jones? He has run through every contender, except Dan Henderson who is out injured for the next million years. Chael Sonnen is a huge cashcow, namely because of his big mouth and I doubt anyone could do it after. With the two going through TUF together, Jones/Sonnen is an exceptionally good business decision since a lot of people will be watching the season and it will generate hype for the fight and thus will make Dana White a good load of dollar bills. If based solely on rankings or "rights to a title shot", I can sort of see where you are coming from, but again, Jones has run through every other fighter would could main event a PPV card. I think White and Joe Silva are quite happy that Sonnen decided to jump to light heavyweight when he did, then get rejected by Jones and now they have this program running.

Yeah, I know it was a business decision more so than anything else. I just hate it, and I will admit, the best reason I could come up was the precedent one.

The only seasons where the main coaches have not fought are 2 (Hughes and Franklin never wanted to fight each other), 4 (There were no coaches), 11 (Ortiz was replaced by Franklin late in the series), 13 (Lesnar and dos Santos went the way of the dogs obviously) and Faber/Cruz which will likely happen again at some point. I guess you can throw TUF Brazil in to there, but they did eventually get round to the Serra/Hughes and Rampage/Rashad fights after a delay, not a bad return on the fights set up if you think they set the fights up about 6 months before they actually happen...

I haven't watched it but my work colleague was saying that Shane Carwin was terrible. That he just sat back and let everybody else(the other coaches) do all the work.

I wish I could watch it but I can never free up time around when it's on and I already record too much. :(

Carwin in the first episode straight up came out and said he's not a good corner men, and he has men to do it for him. Nelson thinks he's a good corner man, but he's not.