UFC News and Discussion Thread

Yeah, sucked that Kampwho lost, I wanted him versus GSP. Hendricks is no joke, though.

Seriously,though, that fight really made me believe that GSP can beat Silva.

I actually think th opposite, this fight made me believe that GSP does not stand a chance versus Anderson, Condit was noticeably larger than GSP and Anderson would be again, Condit was able to hurt GSP by using head movement, combinations and hitting strike from angles, something Anderson is really bloody good at and he has faced adversity and come back from it. I honestly feel that in terms of style Anderson will beat GSP on most days, add to that at fight time Anderson will likely be 20 to 30 lbs heavier than GSP then it really starts to stack up against him.

But on the flipside, GSP is a better MMA wrestler than Sonnen, who took him down at will and GSP also actually has some modicum of submission defence. I say GSP grinds him for 5 rounds, especially if it's at catchweight and the bigger cut affects Silva's cardio.

I do not beieve that GSP is a better wrestler than Sonnen though...

Yeah, sucked that Kampwho lost, I wanted him versus GSP. Hendricks is no joke, though.

Seriously,though, that fight really made me believe that GSP can beat Silva.

I actually think th opposite, this fight made me believe that GSP does not stand a chance versus Anderson, Condit was noticeably larger than GSP and Anderson would be again, Condit was able to hurt GSP by using head movement, combinations and hitting strike from angles, something Anderson is really bloody good at and he has faced adversity and come back from it. I honestly feel that in terms of style Anderson will beat GSP on most days, add to that at fight time Anderson will likely be 20 to 30 lbs heavier than GSP then it really starts to stack up against him.

But on the flipside, GSP is a better MMA wrestler than Sonnen, who took him down at will and GSP also actually has some modicum of submission defence. I say GSP grinds him for 5 rounds, especially if it's at catchweight and the bigger cut affects Silva's cardio.

I do not beieve that GSP is a better wrestler than Sonnen though...

Haha, what?

EDIT: Also, in a heap of shit, Weidman's injured and out of 155. Of all the fucking people, Costa Philippou replaces him against Boetsch and Machida and Hendo have been pushed back to 157 in Anaheim. Also, Thiago Silva got flagged for marijuana metabolites.

Edited by Ben D.D. Cuntface
  • Like 1

NCAA Division 1 wrestlers Josh Koscheck and Jon Fitch disagree.

Both freestyle wrestlers,Sonnen is Greco-Roman, nice try Gary, but Sonnen's wrestling of a different kind and better, the reason he isn't ranked in the same way in collegiate terms is that Greco-Roman doesn't have the same kind of testing or recognition that Freestyle does in the US.

Also Belfort vs Bisping is official in Sao Paulo at the 11,000 capacity Ginásio do Ibirapuera, officially named Ginásio Estadual Geraldo José de Almeida on Jan 19th 2013

Really?!

At one point in time those guys were number 1 and number 2 145ers in the world, and Faber was not number 1.

Yeah but at that point Kid had lost 4 of his previous 5 fights and clearly wasn't the same fighter he was 4 or 5 years ago. I think Faber's a much better fight at this point in his career than Yamamoto is.

Really?!

At one point in time those guys were number 1 and number 2 145ers in the world, and Faber was not number 1.

Yeah but at that point Kid had lost 4 of his previous 5 fights and clearly wasn't the same fighter he was 4 or 5 years ago. I think Faber's a much better fight at this point in his career than Yamamoto is.

"Yeah, but..." is literally the worst opening, yes, I am right, there are no "buts" in this case...

In both of their last 10 fights they are 5-5, with both losing four of those 5 bouts by decision.

To say Faber is a much better figthter at this point is pure subjectiveness, both have had falls from their previous heights, its just Faber has managed to mix in two solid wins in that time against Mizugaki (overrated) and Bowles (never the same since his title loss) and otherwise has perfomred pretty poorly, losing deserved decisions to Mike Brown, Aldo, Barao and Cruz and also getting knocked out by Brown in those 10 fights.

Kid may have lost to fighters of "lesser standing" per say in Uyenoyama and Lee, but he also lost to Joe Warren, Bellator 145lb champion, Kanehara, Sengoku 145lb champion and Mighty Mouse... All by decision except for Vaughan Lee. So I think your broad brush opinion is a little off in the case of Kid Yamamoto, this is a guy who has also beaten fighters at the top level through out his career prior to his more recent "skid".

I am not saying Yamamoto is as good a fighter as Faber, just saying that to call Faber "A different class" as you did is actually wrong.