UFC News and Discussion Thread

I couldn't of been more wrong if I tried. Genuinely gave Cain very little chance in this one and just couldn't see where he was going to beat Dos Santos, certainly proved me wrong here. Pressure from the get go from Cain, no doubting this performance what so ever. Expect there will eventually be a rematch at some point which should be pretty interesting. Certainly interested to see how Dos Santos responds to this loss.

Lauzon/Miller fight was pretty immense and the blood was fucking brutal. Class fight. Outside of that, thought Leben looked piss poor.

And thats why you never count anyone out in MMA, especially at championship level.

And I hope they dont go for an immediate trilogy like they have a habit of doing.

I think when it was this one-sided they can't immediately go into a trilogy. Have JDS face Overeem, with the winner getting a title shot. The challenge is finding a contender for Cain in the intermediary. Maybe the winner of Struve-Hunt?

Main event ended with that shot from Cain in the first round, JDS was out on his feet for the whole of the second round. Cain should of finished him. Up until that, JDS was stuffing the takedowns with ease and hitting Cain with nearly every counterpunch, despite what Rogan's constant orgasming would have you believe.

Also, outside of Miller/Lauzon, which was insane and the first round of the main event, that was a fairly dull card.

I imagine the rematch will take place if Overeem loses to Silva. Otherwise, it's Reem's shot.

Fabricio Werdum if he beats Big Nog if getting a title shot

I have a hard time believing that considering Overeem beat Werdum in 2011 and was already in line for a shot.

• Like 1

I imagine the rematch will take place if Overeem loses to Silva. Otherwise, it's Reem's shot.

Fabricio Werdum if he beats Big Nog if getting a title shot

I have a hard time believing that considering Overeem beat Werdum in 2011 and was already in line for a shot.

It was straight from Dana White's own mouth and that fight isn't till June so really if Alistair Overeem beats Antonio Silva he can fight Cain Velasquez in July on the 4th of July show they usually do and then if Fabricio Werdum wins he can fight the winner of Overeem Velasquez end of the year, and as far as you not believing it cause Alistair Overeem beat him in 2011 most people thought Werdum won that fight and beside that Werdum is 5-0 since he lost to Junior Dos Santos and has beat 3 guys in the top 10 so Big Nog would be 4 top 10 wins and make him 7-1 since then