UFC News and Discussion Thread

I imagine the rematch will take place if Overeem loses to Silva. Otherwise, it's Reem's shot.

Fabricio Werdum if he beats Big Nog if getting a title shot

I have a hard time believing that considering Overeem beat Werdum in 2011 and was already in line for a shot.

It was straight from Dana White's own mouth and that fight isn't till June so really if Alistair Overeem beats Antonio Silva he can fight Cain Velasquez in July on the 4th of July show they usually do and then if Fabricio Werdum wins he can fight the winner of Overeem Velasquez end of the year, and as far as you not believing it cause Alistair Overeem beat him in 2011 most people thought Werdum won that fight and beside that Werdum is 5-0 since he lost to Junior Dos Santos and has beat 3 guys in the top 10 so Big Nog would be 4 top 10 wins and make him 7-1 since then

Dana has said people will get title shots before that never materialised due to circumstances changing in the meantime (remember Pettis and the end of the WEC), I would not put too much stock in to what Dana is saying just yet, the landscape of a division can change significantly in 6 months, and what if Werdum is injured and can't fight until later in the year? Too long and too many variables for Werdum to be called the no. 1 contender in waiting.

And I have not met anyone who said that Werdum beat Overeem in that fight, he lay on his back and did not want to engage, Overeem controlled where the fight went and despite it being lacklustre in all of its parts, was more aggressive than Werdum butt shuffling his way around the cage to attempt to tempt Overeem in the Werdum's guard.

And Werdum is 5-1 since he lost to JDS, he lost to Overeem, as you had just said, he is currently 2-0 since leaving Strikeforce, as was Lavar Johnson when he left Strikeforce. He beat 2 top 10 guys at a push, at the time of facing Big Foot, Big Foot was not considered top 10, barely top 20 and I don't even think Roy Nelson was considered top 10 when they fought at the beginning of this year. Beating Big Nog would be a big statement, but your sweeping statements aren't exactly true are they? Especially if he does beat Big Nog he will be 6-1 since his loss to JDS :rolleyes:.

I imagine the rematch will take place if Overeem loses to Silva. Otherwise, it's Reem's shot.

Fabricio Werdum if he beats Big Nog if getting a title shot

I have a hard time believing that considering Overeem beat Werdum in 2011 and was already in line for a shot.

It was straight from Dana White's own mouth and that fight isn't till June so really if Alistair Overeem beats Antonio Silva he can fight Cain Velasquez in July on the 4th of July show they usually do and then if Fabricio Werdum wins he can fight the winner of Overeem Velasquez end of the year, and as far as you not believing it cause Alistair Overeem beat him in 2011 most people thought Werdum won that fight and beside that Werdum is 5-0 since he lost to Junior Dos Santos and has beat 3 guys in the top 10 so Big Nog would be 4 top 10 wins and make him 7-1 since then

Dana has said people will get title shots before that never materialised due to circumstances changing in the meantime (remember Pettis and the end of the WEC), I would not put too much stock in to what Dana is saying just yet, the landscape of a division can change significantly in 6 months, and what if Werdum is injured and can't fight until later in the year? Too long and too many variables for Werdum to be called the no. 1 contender in waiting.

And I have not met anyone who said that Werdum beat Overeem in that fight, he lay on his back and did not want to engage, Overeem controlled where the fight went and despite it being lacklustre in all of its parts, was more aggressive than Werdum butt shuffling his way around the cage to attempt to tempt Overeem in the Werdum's guard.

And Werdum is 5-1 since he lost to JDS, he lost to Overeem, as you had just said, he is currently 2-0 since leaving Strikeforce, as was Lavar Johnson when he left Strikeforce. He beat 2 top 10 guys at a push, at the time of facing Big Foot, Big Foot was not considered top 10, barely top 20 and I don't even think Roy Nelson was considered top 10 when they fought at the beginning of this year. Beating Big Nog would be a big statement, but your sweeping statements aren't exactly true are they? Especially if he does beat Big Nog he will be 6-1 since his loss to JDS :rolleyes:.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/06/overeem-vs-werdum-ii-official.html

Oh, yes, fightmetric, th computer thing that only takes in to account things that can be measured and not the subjective aspect of MMA judging. I like you still obviously missing my point and you're still not looking clever at this point, Werdum was not controlling the fight, nor was he being aggressive, Overeem won in both of those by the fact he didn't just lay there and didn't just go in to the guard, hence he controlled the fight for 3 rounds, Werdum was an embarrassment.

All my other points stand though, everything else you said was wrong as well.

• Like 3

'Reem is going to win over Bigfoot, Bigfoot is going to get fired, 'Reem will test positive for steroids again and bang, Werdum gets the title shot!

This is more important. Plus, Mark Hunt will make his return this March and after he KO's Struve, he is obviously first in line for a shot at Cain.

'Reem is going to win over Bigfoot, Bigfoot is going to get fired, 'Reem will test positive for steroids again and bang, Werdum gets the title shot!

This is more important.

Except he tested positive for testosterone, not steroids. :shifty:

And Bisping is going to beat Vitor, and face Anderson for the belt :w00t:

and then get his arse handed to him

I so want this to happen. I so want to see Bisping get turned into complete mash by Anderson Silva. It is going to be an even more embarassing fight than the Forrest Griffin blowout.

Also, lol, Eddie, seriously.

I like sometimes listening to other people ramble at these events.

-Pre the main event, one guy said he thought JDS was going to win by tko in the 3rd.

-Post the main event, 2 guys older than me (probably Teej's age)seemed to think that 'reem would win the title off Cain and then we'd see JDS vs Cain III for the no1 contendership

-There was also some lovely father that had his teenage daughter wait through most of the event(after she got off work and came to the pub), instead of taking her home. She was so bored, I kinda felt sorry for her. :(

As far as contenders for Velasquez go, don't rule out Cormier. Dana White has said that he could get a fast title shot. Neither Werdum or Overeem have faced him before, so I could see one of those two fighting Velasquez next and the other one fighting Cormier for the n°1 contender.

Cormier and Cain have said they would not fight each other, which is standard AKA stuff, I mean back in 2009 the 170lb division was all kinds of confusing as Swick, Fitch and Koscheck would not fight each other at all, so I think Cormier would be more likely for a 205lb shot which confuses me as I was lead to believe that he would struggle cutting weight as his kidneys were damaged by cutting weight for wrestling in college.