UFC News and Discussion Thread

Should Mousasi have finished Latifi? You can argue that he should have, but the guy was sick during training, his opponent was changed at the last minute, and he completely dominated the fight.

An argument can be made that displaying that kind of dominance is more impressive than just going out and knocking a guy out in thirty seconds. He displayed amazing technical proficiency while staying out of trouble for fifteen minutes. He basically just went in there and beat a guy up for fifteen minutes to show how much better he is.

I don't get it sometimes. When a guy like GSP does it, everyone hails him as some kind of god, but when anyone else does it against an inferior opponent, the consensus is that they should have finished the fight.

That's not to say that I'm a fan of decisions. I personally think that the objective should always be to finish the fight, no matter who you're fighting. That's one of my knocks on St. Pierre, and if this becomes a habit for Mousasi, it will be something that bothers me about him. Again though, I just think it was a matter of circumstance dictating that the best option was to fight a safe fight, display his dominance and get back into the gym and wait for another shot at a big fight.