UFC News and Discussion Thread

Because he is being a div and means Chael

That fight is now being targeted for UFC on Fox Sports 1 1, so I hear...

Blame my phone's dictionary :(

Also, Saffeidene (I cannot spell his name off the top of my head) is injured, so replacing him against Robbie Lawler is the other guy who's name I can't seem to spell, so I'll just call him Siyar 'The Great' B. I hate thinking this, but it looks like UFC's injury bug from last year might officially be back.

Also, recent TUF winner Kevin has dropped to Welterweight and received the toughest fight possible: Paulo Thiago.

ronnymarkes-arq.jpg

Little bit rough... Not too bad per MMA Junkie:

A morning car accident while driving Ronny Markesto a location to cut weight is to blame for the fighter being out of Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 10 event, manager Andre Pederneiras said.

Markes (14-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) was scheduled to face Derek Brunson(10-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) on the preliminary card of the event, which takes place at Paulo Sarasate Arena in Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil. But the accident left the 25-year-old Markes, fighting in his home country, with injuries – and a brief loss of consciousness – that ruled him out of the fight.

Pederneiras said in an email message that he was driving the vehicle when the accident occurred.

"We were in the process of cutting weight with Ronny since 6 a.m.," Pederneiras said. "There was a little over a kilogram to go. We went to a motel to lose the weight because the bathtub at our hotel did not heat up, and last night the hotel sauna closed at 10 p.m.. At the first motel we visited, the water did not heat either, but Guilherme Santos, who's assisting in Caio Magalhaes' weight cut, let us know about another place they visited which did have hot water.

"We drove off in our rental car and, at a curve, another car cut off a truck and I ended (up) rear-ending them. Ronny, who was already weak from the weight loss, struck his head and was projected forward, being knocked out for a few seconds. It's a pity – I had never had been in a crash before."

Markes, hoping to improve to 4-0 in the UFC against former Strikeforce standout Brunson, was said to be initially distraught over having to pull out of the fight.

"I was very sad," Markes said. "I have faith in God that everything will work out fine."

Tatame.com's Guilherme Cruz reported that Markes hurt his "neck, head and ribs" in the crash. Photos provided to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) show not only the damaged vehicle, but Markes in the front passenger seat with a neck brace on.

Pederneiras also injured his knee in the incident.

UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com that both fighters will be paid their guaranteed "show" money.

Markes would have been fighting in his home country for the first time in more than two years and is on a six-fight win streak, including UFC wins overKarlos Vemola, Aaron Simpson and Andrew Craig.

Brunson recently made his UFC debut and ended a two-fight skid with a unanimous-decision victory over Chris Leben at UFC 155. The three-time NCAA Division II All-American wrestler opened his career with a 9-0 mark before losses to Kendall Grove andRonaldo Souza.

And now, for the real main event...

Thiago Silva vs The Piss Test III: The Trilogy Continues...

Speaking of Thiago Silva, Bigfoot Silva has called him out, Thiago said sure, at 205.

And I know it's not UFC (although Brendan Schaub is there) .. Gazz.. how are you watching Metamoris? :shifty:

By paying for it and watching it on my phone.

I wish I wasn't at work since they're watching it at the academy on a big screen TV.

WSOF 3 spoiler

Burkman just choked Fitch unconcious in about thirty seconds!!!

:o

He also had to let go of the choke since Fitch was clearly out and Mazzagatti was just standing there like a spare dick at a gangbang.

781450033.gif?1371272487

Clueless

• Like 1