UFC News and Discussion Thread

I ain't complaining, Diaz is a dumb ass bitch who screwed himself, he wants GSP like money, and he just screwed up his one chance to get it, fuck him.

And hope Condit knocks GSP's ass out.

I'd rather see Condit/GSP just because I'm more of a fan of Condit then I am of Diaz. Although saying that I still would have liked to have seen Diaz in this match up and still get Condit/BJ as the Co-Main Event

There is just no pleasing some people....

I'm not complaining. I just don't think it's necessarily that smart a fight to make right now. Although it may be the only time Brock will take the fight since he's covered by having a long lay off and surgery. I just think it gives him a legitimate excuse to lose the fight and not lose face. Whereas if they tuned him up first I'd have seen it as a fairer fight.

Overeem has a lot to lose really. If Lesnar wins after the lay off it doesn't look great, especially given Lesnar's last two appearances where he genuinely had no composure when getting hit. However I guess it could be win-win. If Overeem slaughters Lesnar it makes him look like a million dollars and doesn't necessarily kill Brock off.

It's a massive fight to make. It's perhaps the biggest fight that could be made at the moment (I'm not 100% on Overeem's name value given he's never been in UFC before). I just think it may be a bit too soon to being throwing the match out there. I personally would have fed Overeem someone like Pat Barry, Cro Crop or Kongo to show off his skills. I would have given Lesnar someone like Nelson to get a win under him then had them fight on a card in a large arena (or in Japan if that's early next year).

I'm not complaining as much as stating that to me the fight doesn't have much relevance to the landscape. In my mind given his injury and last fight Brock has probably slipped right down the top ten list. Overeem would be right near the tippy top (if not there already). I'm just saying it may have made more sense to let Overeem sub or knock someone out in a round and let Lesnar win a fight first.

There is just no pleasing some people....

I'm not complaining. I just don't think it's necessarily that smart a fight to make right now. Although it may be the only time Brock will take the fight since he's covered by having a long lay off and surgery. I just think it gives him a legitimate excuse to lose the fight and not lose face. Whereas if they tuned him up first I'd have seen it as a fairer fight.

Overeem has a lot to lose really. If Lesnar wins after the lay off it doesn't look great, especially given Lesnar's last two appearances where he genuinely had no composure when getting hit. However I guess it could be win-win. If Overeem slaughters Lesnar it makes him look like a million dollars and doesn't necessarily kill Brock off.

It's a massive fight to make. It's perhaps the biggest fight that could be made at the moment (I'm not 100% on Overeem's name value given he's never been in UFC before). I just think it may be a bit too soon to being throwing the match out there. I personally would have fed Overeem someone like Pat Barry, Cro Crop or Kongo to show off his skills. I would have given Lesnar someone like Nelson to get a win under him then had them fight on a card in a large arena (or in Japan if that's early next year).

I'm not complaining as much as stating that to me the fight doesn't have much relevance to the landscape. In my mind given his injury and last fight Brock has probably slipped right down the top ten list. Overeem would be right near the tippy top (if not there already). I'm just saying it may have made more sense to let Overeem sub or knock someone out in a round and let Lesnar win a fight first.

That wasn't aimed at you Quom btw

Also Mir/Nog II it makes sense the first fight was three years ago, Nog's just beaten Schaub who personally I would have matched with Mir if he was to have gotten past Nog so yeh I can't complain with that fight.

Edited by davidmarrio

I think Condit's overall skill set is going to pose more of a threat than Diaz would of and more of a threat than Koscheck or Shields have in the past couple fights. He seems to have really elevated his game, even beyond his WEC days.

Dana is hinting at a big fight for BJ that he is trying to get done. Something that'll make fans "flip-out" according to him. Looking at the welterweight contenders I don't see an open guy who paired against BJ would make me flip. There's always the chance he drops to 155 for a big time fight, but it'd have to be something really big like Gilbert Melendez to get BJ to drop I think.

Guest mr. potato head

I think Condit's overall skill set is going to pose more of a threat than Diaz would of and more of a threat than Koscheck or Shields have in the past couple fights. He seems to have really elevated his game, even beyond his WEC days.

Dana is hinting at a big fight for BJ that he is trying to get done. Something that'll make fans "flip-out" according to him. Looking at the welterweight contenders I don't see an open guy who paired against BJ would make me flip. There's always the chance he drops to 155 for a big time fight, but it'd have to be something really big like Gilbert Melendez to get BJ to drop I think.

UFC hypes everything up really well, so while the announcement might not be Anderson Silva it'll still be worthy of making us "flip out". Silva vs. Penn would just cause MMA fans to dream every night about the potential of GSP taking on Silva after that fight.

I'm also more excited for Condit in the match than Diaz, though the name value of GSP vs. Diaz felt more special. Condit both deserves it more and, evidently, wants it more. Next time I'm in line for a huge payday at work I'm going to make sure to call out for 3 weeks straight and whine about how I'm not being treated well in honor of Diaz.

Depends if I can persuade my mate if he wants to go, I know there was alot of 75 quid tickets left so i'd probably get one of them if I go but I don't wanna go travel to Birmingham on me own and then go.