UFC News and Discussion Thread

I think lost is the best way to describe Rampage in the fight. Said it himself, he thought it was all hype and wasn't ready for the things Jones could do. I was a little let down by Rampage though. I expected more from him. Jones was impressive, not sure who I see beating him.

Felt bad for Hughes. Would have liked to see him beat Kosheck.

EGB :D

Also great card. Sad for Rampage he was just so lost out there. I wonder if Jones could cut 20 pounds? His legs are already like match sticks so I doubt it. He and A. Silva would be incredible though.

I reckon Jones probably has to make a big effort to get to 205 because when he steps into the cage, he looks 220-230, the guy is a monster. I figure he'll probably end up in the heavyweight division at some point anyway.

As for who can beat him... yeah, we still haven't seen Jones in trouble or had his chin tested, so there's always that. Jones' reach and his speed and accuracy mean he can nullify wrestlers, his sprawl is excellent, his wrestling and ground control is freakishly good. No idea what his sub defence is like.

Anderson Silva could probably strike with him, but if Jones takes him down, provided his sub defence is better (ie. it exists) than Sonnen's, that's all over. The LHW you can just forget as he's too quick and the HW division, he'd destroy everyone but the very elite wrestlers and JDS.

I really think the Sonnen fight was a one off. It was like how shit he looked for a couple of fights striking (Demian Maia and someone else I can't think of but will smack myself over when someone reminds me). I really now believe that his ribs were fucked against Sonnen, either that or he did a Rua and seemingly just never bothered training. Rampage was always going to struggle, so would have Chuck Liddel. You can't box with a guy who can kick and has like a 10 inch reach advantage.

Struve vs. Barry should be similar (except) the fact Barry can throw kicks.

Don't worry guys, it's not long until the question of who can beat Jones is answered, as he's up against Rashad next (Y)

Very impressive from Jones, though I didn't think Rampage looked bad or anything, he just pretty much got beaten by a guy who's simply better than him right now.

Gutted for Hughes, but at least Kos didn't come across as a complete dick for once and was actually really respectful. And damn, Diaz looked pretty awesome.

Jones got in Rampage's head at the start when he started the match down on his knees, sending a message that whatever Jackson was expecting, Jones was going to do something else. What Rampage should have tried doing from the start were leg kicks and see if it would weaken Jones' ability to stand up. But instead Rampage just looked mesmerized out there, as a fan you like to see both guys be equals and I think with different preparation that match could have seen the two be equals. But people still aren't ready to face Jones, maybe his next fight will be different since Rashad has a lot of preparation at the same gym as Jones and now knows to believe the hype.

Ben Rothwell killed me when he came out to the Raw theme song.

Shame Hughes lost, really don't like Koscheck.

Good show over all, can't wait for 136. Main event worries me since it won't possibly live up to their previous fight, but Aldo vs. Florian should be a great fight and hopefully at the end Jose Aldo will be a household name.

I really think the Sonnen fight was a one off. It was like how shit he looked for a couple of fights striking (Demian Maia and someone else I can't think of but will smack myself over when someone reminds me). I really now believe that his ribs were fucked against Sonnen, either that or he did a Rua and seemingly just never bothered training. Rampage was always going to struggle, so would have Chuck Liddel. You can't box with a guy who can kick and has like a 10 inch reach advantage.

Struve vs. Barry should be similar (except) the fact Barry can throw kicks.

The guy you're thinking of is Thales Leites.

Guest mr. potato head

Speaking of EBG's avatar, she won the under-60-kg womens' division gold medal at the ADCC submission championships this weekend.

And somehow she won the final with an omoplata.

Edited by mr. potato head

Jones got in Rampage's head at the start when he started the match down on his knees, sending a message that whatever Jackson was expecting, Jones was going to do something else. What Rampage should have tried doing from the start were leg kicks and see if it would weaken Jones' ability to stand up. But instead Rampage just looked mesmerized out there, as a fan you like to see both guys be equals and I think with different preparation that match could have seen the two be equals. But people still aren't ready to face Jones, maybe his next fight will be different since Rashad has a lot of preparation at the same gym as Jones and now knows to believe the hype.

Jones had a 12 inch(!) reach advantage, the only thing Rampage attempting low kicks would of achieved would be Jones putting him in a coma.

Jones had a 12 inch(!) reach advantage, the only thing Rampage attempting low kicks would of achieved would be Jones putting him in a coma.

...You know what reach IS, right?