UFC News and Discussion Thread

Maybe I'm going mental, but I'm sure back in the day with boxing, close rounds would be scored 10-10....wouldn't they? It doesn't happen now, but I think it is the kinda thing that needs to be re-introduced, meaning that it isn't just enough to eke out a round, you have to decisively win said round to get the 10-9.

Right now you're basically treating fights as a Best of 3 or Best of 5 series, it takes out a lot of the need to strike early and powerfully if you can just grind out for the last 2 (or 3) rounds and get a win. Making a system where guys start at 5 and work their way up to 10 or down to 1 I think works a whole lot better, won't have as many awful decisions, and might be so confusing that Cecil Peoples finally quits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Diaz and BJ had a brief scuffle during the weigh-ins. Can't wait for this fight.

Even though I'm dissapointed as fuck as my two favorite fighters aren't on it anymore :(

Yeah this card no longer feels special with out Brad Tavares and Tim Credeur :(

• Like 5

Guest mr. potato head

Excited for actually being able to watch this. Saw most of the Edgar/Maynard fight, but not another minute of live UFC since Evans/Ortiz almost three months ago.

Diaz and BJ had a brief scuffle during the weigh-ins. Can't wait for this fight.

Even though I'm dissapointed as fuck as my two favorite fighters aren't on it anymore :(

Yeah this card no longer feels special with out Brad Tavares and Tim Credeur :(

Tim Credeur is off? Aww. :(