UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest mr. potato head

So wait, Diaz thinks that GSP is faking the injury that caused him to pull out of a fight with Carlos Condit and therefore the right and honourable thing to do is give Diaz the fight? Or Diaz thinks the fight with GSP was called off because of GSP's injury?

I don't mind pro wrestling hype tactics in MMA, but this one makes less sense than your average TNA angle.

He clearly has anxiety issues, couple that with an adrenaline dump and it's going to be hard to be clear. Not really trying to defend him because he is a douche and hadn't impressed me that much until this fight, but he does come across as anxious. Laying off the pot might help.

So wait, Diaz thinks that GSP is faking the injury that caused him to pull out of a fight with Carlos Condit and therefore the right and honourable thing to do is give Diaz the fight? Or Diaz thinks the fight with GSP was called off because of GSP's injury?

I don't mind pro wrestling hype tactics in MMA, but this one makes less sense than your average TNA angle.

Wasn't it Diaz' fight first?

• Like 1

Yeah but Diaz fucked that up. I believe the fight should be Condit's. Depending on how banged up Nick is and how long Georges will be out for, I'd like to see Condit fight Diaz for who faces Georges. Only issue with that is that they are pretty much the only two fighters I can think of in the division who Georges hasn't already beaten and are already at the title level so Dana may want to protect them.

Guest mr. potato head

Wasn't it Diaz' fight first?

Yeah, it was, but GSP pulled out with an injury well after it was changed, so the injury being an excuse to duck Diaz makes no sense. :P

Yeah but Diaz fucked that up. I believe the fight should be Condit's. Depending on how banged up Nick is and how long Georges will be out for, I'd like to see Condit fight Diaz for who faces Georges. Only issue with that is that they are pretty much the only two fighters I can think of in the division who Georges hasn't already beaten and are already at the title level so Dana may want to protect them.

In an interview with Ariel Helwani, GSP said he's fine and said he'll be at 100% by next week.

With both Penn & Cro Cop retiring, am I the only one becoming a bit concerned with the UFC losing a lot of its star power? Couture, Hughes, Liddell, Cro Cop, Penn and I think it's likely to see Big Nog, Franklin, Ortiz & Wanderlei Silva retiring soon too...

Recent buyrates kind of prove that guys like Aldo & Edgar don't have the power to draw big crowds yet, so it's all about Lesnar, Anderson Silva & GSP now... (who all three have a current big and interesting opponent lined up). But that's only 3 guys with Jones & Velasquez potentially becoming big stars too. Still, I think we could see more Leben vs Munoz kind of main-events if this continues...