UFC News and Discussion Thread

I dunno, maybe it is an affiliate thing? There's a thread on Sherdog saying they are showing it again. My stream has footage of JDS talking about his childhood.

Same, I watched the Bendo/Guida fight on Facebook... it was incredible.

Anyway, this heavyweight title fight will hopefully deliver. I have a weird feeling it's going to wind up being similar to Edgar/Maynard 2 and 3, with Cain playing the part of the former. Probably totally wrong, though.

30 minuites of BSing, followed with a match that was over almost as quickly as it began.

Is this UFC, or Monday Night Raw?

Edited by OctoberRavenO

After 30 minutes of build-up and such, Junior embarrasses Cain in 1:04. Happy to see him finally win, disappointed that after Cain dominated Lesnar he was made a fool of though, would've liked a long fight almost going the distance.

Yeah, so would've Fox.

I think all of you are missing the point here. This is there to introduce the UFC to an even wider audience. This fight while not the perfect outcome of being a little longer and full of back and forth action, it was certainly not a bad one, it was not 25 minutes of slow ground work which would have turned fans off.

Had this fight been on a PPV then we would have been praising it as exciting and talking about JDS' power. Instead our expectations have been raised and this is great for the UFC they have something further to strive towards.

We are not going to see the over night benefit of this to the UFC, this is going to be a case of a couple of years where we can hope to see increasing TV ratings, steadier and greater buyrates for PPV and more major sponsors for the company and its fighters, imagine seeing the fighters coming out in Nike or Addidas walk out gear.

To me this si the beginning of something bigger and better for the UFC, and while not perfect it was certainly not a bad place to start.

• Like 1

They should have absolutely aired two fights. It's not good for the UFC because in an hour long broadcast, 1:30 of it were the fight. If it were a more spectacular knock out, that would have been good. Instead, after all those months of hype "The Baddest Man on the Planet" looked completely outclassed. If this were someone's first taste of UFC, it might not have been that great. It's UFC's own fault really, they put a ridiculous amount of hype behind Cain, they really should have focused on both fighters instead.