UFC News and Discussion Thread

Hendo vs. Shogun is a great fight and easily a no.1 contenders bout so long as Jones/Rampage vs. Evans isn't put off for a long time. Very tough to call, I'd give the edge to Shogun but Henderson can't be written off by any means.

Had a look through the upcoming cards on wikipedia earlier and the rest of 2011 is just stacked in general. So long as there aren't many withdrawals due to injury, by New Years Day we should have a really good idea of the title fights for 2012.

Guest mr. potato head

So now Einemo is back in UFC and Siyar Bahaduraza might be coming in.

So it's actually looking like the whole Golden Glory thing WAS just a flimsy pretense to sneak Overeem into UFC. :lol:

So now Einemo is back in UFC and Siyar Bahaduraza might be coming in.

So it's actually looking like the whole Golden Glory thing WAS just a flimsy pretense to sneak Overeem into UFC. :lol:

Golden Glory is fucked. Overeem has left and I assume many more will follow. Without Bas Boon at the helm that ship seems to be steering wildly off course. Not saying there wasn't some kind of foul play involved, but there's a legit problem between Overeem and GG. I've heard numerous people saying that Overeem is owed money from winning the K-1 WGP last year and other fights, to the tune of £500k plus.

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah, but from what I've read, that money is owed from K-1 to Golden Glory and then to Zuffa, it's not like GG's holding out on him. Gary Goodridge and I believe many others haven't been paid for that show either.

Guest mr. potato head

Fuck, even the Rampage / Jones weigh-ins was fun to watch. Great looking card on paper, except for the co-main event. Prelims look fun as fuck.

Why's Hughes/Koscheck not look great? Put a wrestler against another wrestler and they usually end up not wrestling.

Met Wanderlei today at the opening of some supplement store literally right around the corner from me. Fucking awesome. By the time we got inside the store, which was about the size of a mail box, it was already five minutes after he was supposed to leave. The guy was still smiling and signing everything even though the people running it were telling us the limit was one autograph and one photo. I just wanted a photo with the guy, but the comp 8x11 was cool and I got him to sign my Chicago Blackhawks hat for the hell of it.

wandyandme.png

Yes, I have canned hams for hands.

Bench warming ring girl Brittney Palmer was there too. She was gorgeous and really sweet, but wasn't getting a whole lot of attention. I'm sure she was over it quickly enough. Her autograph was personalized. That was cool.

Anyways, I think tonight's main event is going to be worth the price of the event alone. I'll never count Page out of a fight. Especially this one. Not only does he want that belt like burning, he is super pissed that he isn't the black alpha male of MMA. May sound ridiculous but I bet it drives him nuts knowing that not only is not in that position any more, but Jones is doing it while pretty much being the anti-Rampage. Top rate main event here.

Do not give a shit about Hughes/Kos. I don't particularly like either of them. How much does Hughes have left to give? Not enough for Josh. Just make it quick and don't be a jackass post match. Have some respect for the man if this is indeed his last bout before his first retirement.

Gomi gets subbed by another Diaz. Then gets cut. Then gets resigned if/when the UFC goes to Japan. I dunno, maybe.

And Mark Hunt. Go nostalgia! Ben Rothwell is ok and he'll probably win this. He is also very bleh overall despite that what he does is stand and trade. He'll taste one Hunt shot, hug him til its on the mat and finish him there. Mark Hunt can fly planes better than he can grapple. And I hear he is a pretty shitty pilot. Or Ben will KO Hunt and part of me will die like it did last time.