UFC News and Discussion Thread

Got quite a big fight community within Liverpool both in terms of Boxing and MMA.

MMA in particular has kicked on leaps and bounds over the past few years here in the city. There always seems to be local promotions or a Cage Warriors event somewhere. 

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:26, Cymbols said:

Will probably sign Chris Fishgold and Molly McCann too, and possibly Paddy Pimblett.

All of these sound like made up names.

• Like 1

Now let's not go that far. I'm not a McGregor fan but the man is crazy talented.....as long as he's standing <_<

Khabib is going to maul Max though. I give Holloway credit for jumping in here but man, I'm not sure who can stop Khabib in this division.

The decision in early 2016 to have Conor jump up a division has really broken the featherweight division. It's 2018 and they're still feeling the ramifications from him winning in Dec'15. The title has only been defended once since, and now if Max wins, there's a chance it'll be vacated again. Ridiculous considering there were a whole slew of guys on the card itself that could have stepped in (Iaquinta, Felder, Poirier from next week's fight), but the UFC are once again looking at the short term dollars. Real shame. Lightweight champ hasn't defended the belt since Nov'16, and successfully defended it since RDA in Dec'15 as well. 

Would the Max / Ortega fight still feel as big and future-looking if Max gets wrecked by Khabib? 

I love the fight from a fight fan perspective, and I don't care if the UFC makes money or not, but I just won't be as excited for a FW belt match after this, because if Max wins, he's probably facing Conor next, and if he loses, the Ortega fight just dropped in the prestige feeling (11 / 12 win streak versus 8 / 9 win streak between two super young dudes). 

Also, this is the 3rd of 4th PPVs where the main event has been affected by injury this year. How would anyone buy a PPV early ever again?

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Conor has been stripped of the LW belt. He's not taken the news too well on Twitter.

I just heard he hasn't fought since UFC 205 or something. And now it is 235 or close enough?

Yeh supposedly him and his entourage went a bit mental and tried to storm the media day conference at the end. Barricades and shite were thrown at a coach and Michael Chiesa suffered a laceration during it all