UFC News and Discussion Thread

Fuck yes Captain America...Who'd you think he's gonna fight next?

Tito Ortiz would be my pick. No matter what happens with Forrest, barring injury.

Maybe Shogun, while Machida is out.

Tito only if he wins, or the winner of Thiago/Rashad. They want Randy in a position to fight Machida and/or Shogun. If it's Tito then the winner of that gets the title shot, if Forrest wins then it'll be the winner of Rashad/Thiago vs. Randy who gets the next shot.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Rogan needs to stop making comments about judge's decisions. Leave it up to the fans or the fighters...

I dunno, I prefer him inciting controversy (and thus publicity) to Frank Shamrock refusing to say who won any round.

• Like 1

Fuck yes Captain America...Who'd you think he's gonna fight next?

Tito Ortiz would be my pick. No matter what happens with Forrest, barring injury.

Maybe Shogun, while Machida is out.

If Shogun and Randy are ready to go with enough time for Shogun to get in a camp and rest up for a rematch with Machida... then I say that's the best way to go. A big win over a legend like Randy would really solidify Shogun in the UFC. First Chuck, then his performance vs Machida, AND a win over Randy? All consecutively? There'd be no doubt in anybody's mind that Shogun was back to his old form.

Rogan needs to stop making comments about judge's decisions. Leave it up to the fans or the fighters...

I dunno, I prefer him inciting controversy (and thus publicity) to Frank Shamrock refusing to say who won any round.

I guess.

I probably give too much credit to the dopes that order these shows. They don't know what they are watching...

I probably give too much credit to the dopes that order these shows. They don't know what they are watching...

That much is obvious.

Yes because when you don't stalk fighters or Dana White on Twitter you obviously aren't allowed to express your oppinion. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

If Shogun and Randy are ready to go with enough time for Shogun to get in a camp and rest up for a rematch with Machida... then I say that's the best way to go. A big win over a legend like Randy would really solidify Shogun in the UFC. First Chuck, then his performance vs Machida, AND a win over Randy? All consecutively? There'd be no doubt in anybody's mind that Shogun was back to his old form.

That's the way I see it.

I always look at UFC fights from a pro wrestling standpoint. UFC just throws match-ups together as quickly as they can. They need to slowly build these things.

The way Shogun looked against Machida, he SHOULD beat Randy. What better way is there to show that you deserve the obvious rematch with Machida than beating the most decorated fighter in UFC history?

And if he loses? He just lost to a man who is a legend, moving down in weight, who fights a very low-risk, high-reward type of fight every time in the cage. No biggie. He can still get his rematch whenever they need a short-notice fill-in or with one or two more victories.

Yes because when you don't stalk fighters or Dana White on Twitter you obviously aren't allowed to express your oppinion. :rolleyes:

I live in a state where 80% of the population would've looked at tonight's action as a gay pride parade. Most buys here come from beer-downing fools who think Kimbo Slice should be next in line for GSP.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Also, in case all this talk about the boring main event is leaving a bad taste in anyone's mouth, I still highly recommend watching the rest of the show - exciting fight after exciting fight really, I had Wilks/Brown as fight of the night but could see it going to almost anything but the main event. :)

I was really impressed with Andre Winner and Ross Pearson tonight. Both showed great hands tonight. I thought for sure that Riley was going to be someone tough for Pearson to beat but he proved to be the much better fighter tonight. can't wait to see him fight again.

Matt Brown beating James Wilks was nice. I like watching Brown fight and I never cared for Wilks, so this win was good to see. Though I will give Wilks credit for a nice sweep even when he he was out of it. Disappointed in the Kang/Bisping fight. Wanted to see Kang win so bad. He had a good first round, rocking Bisping to the point of him not even having a clue what happened apparently, but Bisping came back in round two, so I guess good for him.

Good for Hardy. He was the better fighter tonight. But does he honestly deserve a title shot? Too early for him, I think. But doesn't matter, it would just delay the inevitable as he will get beat down by GSP, badly.

Biggz, why do you feel the need to tell people they should stop watching MMA because they didn't enjoy a fight that you enjoyed? It's ridiculous. You did the same not to long ago during the Quarry/Creduer fight as well. You thought it sucked and couldn't understand how people enjoyed the fight. Now you can't understand how people didn't enjoy Couture/Vera. Just stop acting this way. It's ridiculous.

Poor Andre Winner not getting the KO of the night. I didn't see the Siver fight, so no clue if he deserved it, but a devastating one punch knockout like that and it didn't get it? That other one must've been crazy. And Wilks/Brown should've been fight of the night, too.

• Like 3

Biggz, why do you feel the need to tell people they should stop watching MMA because they didn't enjoy a fight that you enjoyed? It's ridiculous. You did the same not to long ago during the Quarry/Creduer fight as well. You thought it sucked and couldn't understand how people enjoyed the fight. Now you can't understand how people didn't enjoy Couture/Vera. Just stop acting this way. It's ridiculous.

• Like 3

• Like 3

Poor Andre Winner not getting the KO of the night. I didn't see the Siver fight, so no clue if he deserved it, but a devastating one punch knockout like that and it didn't get it? That other one must've been crazy. And Wilks/Brown should've been fight of the night, too.

From what I've read, Siver threw a crippling spin kick to the midsection. It was bad enough that the Kelly's corner was holding a bucket in front of his mouth(post-fight) so he could vomit if necessary...

• Like 1