UFC News and Discussion Thread

Jose Aldo is an absolute machine with impeccable stand-up, I think it's very likely he's going to clean out the featherweight division in 2010. No-one is going to out-strike him and he made Brown look average in the takedown. I've no idea where he's at in terms of weight, but if he can, the UFC should definitely ask him to consider a move to 155 if/when he does clear out 145.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Sucks that Marcus Davis lost, but Ben Saunders is awesome with those knees. And Jake Rosholt knockout out Brock Larson was fan-dabi-dozi. The first point deduction was fine, it made sense. But the second one? How the hell was Larson supposed to know that Rosholt put his hand down and that a knee he threw would be considered illegal after that? Not really fair, but what can you do?

Sucks that Marcus Davis lost, but Ben Saunders is awesome with those knees. And Jake Rosholt knockout out Brock Larson was fan-dabi-dozi. The first point deduction was fine, it made sense. But the second one? How the hell was Larson supposed to know that Rosholt put his hand down and that a knee he threw would be considered illegal after that? Not really fair, but what can you do?

Brian Foster, not Jake Rosholt.

Not happy about the Larson loss.

Aye, the last fight was a slow starter but by the end I was hooked. I don't really care about either so for them to draw me in that much tells me it was a good fighter and an excellent last round. I can see why the casul fans might not like it, hence the papered crowd booing for example.

fan-dabi-dozi show from top to bottom...

The main event was fan-dabi-dozi... perfect for what they needed to happen. Forrest picks up a big win to come back from devastating losses, and Tito shows that he still has what it takes to hang with top guys. Ortiz will only get better as he works out the rust here too. Give each guy a fight or two more, and then when they need a PPV main event, Ortiz Vs Griffin 3 is ready and my wallet will be open for that too.

I did have one issue though, and that was Josh Koscheck's terrible selling. To be fair to him, his left eye may have been hurt by a punch or his own arm there, but he milked that like a b-movie actress on the set of The Killer Strikes Again! 4: Strike Harder! The knee would have been an illegal blow if it connected with the head, but much like the Evangelista/Aina situation, it hit the arm, and any damage done to the head was from the arm, and not the knee. That makes it, by definition, a legal blow... and that's why I am a strong supporter of instant replay in MMA. Would it have changed the outcome of the fight? Probably not, and that's not my intention. Koscheck did a good job with his wrestling to secure a choke and win it fair and square. Props to him for that. But if they had gone to instant replay there to check, they would have found no foul on the strike, and just given Kos a rest for the eye poke (TO THE RIGHT EYE, JOSH. THE RIGHT EYE). Instead, both guys got upwards of 3 minutes while the doctor conversed with the ref and the fighter, and Johnson's standing in his corner and he's probably not thinking anymore about knocking his block off. It gets in a fighter's head when stuff like that happens, and I think because there are ways of deterring it from happening (replay), that they should embrace it.

Really good show.

Of course no surprise to see Tito making the same old fucking excuses. Bulging disc in his neck? What a joke, certainly after telling the entire world he was 100% and in brilliant shape.

Only disappointment of the night was Koscheck winning. Used his mind games more last night, first faking the eye injury and then blatantly poking Johnson in the eye. Another guy I just cant stand and never have done. The plus side for the UFC is that I'd pay almost anything just to see this guy get his head knocked off.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Really good show.

Of course no surprise to see Tito making the same old fucking excuses. Bulging disc in his neck? What a joke, certainly after telling the entire world he was 100% and in brilliant shape.

Only disappointment of the night was Koscheck winning. Used his mind games more last night, first faking the eye injury and then blatantly poking Johnson in the eye. Another guy I just cant stand and never have done. The plus side for the UFC is that I'd pay almost anything just to see this guy get his head knocked off.

Not surprised to hear Tito is whining or making excuses again. Its one of the reasons I don't like the guy.

I'm not a fan of Koscheck either, but he was on the giving end of one of my favorite knockouts ever (Standing KO of Yasuda, who he put on the mat with a second hit).

Amir looked awesome out there with those kicks and elbows. Good fight, but Baroni still needs to work on him not gassing so quickly.

Great debut by Little Nog.

With a little more experience, I think Volkmann will be pretty good. He looked good at times out there, but still needs work.

Another good fight and Koscheck with the submission on Anthony Johnson was great to see. Calling out Dan Hardy was kinda dumb since he is already guaranteed the title fight and they won't change that, so why bother?

And great main event. Forrest was back to form tonight. Great job by him. Can't wait for a third fight between these two.

Tito wrote on his twitter that he was robbed. Lol.

EDIT: I mean by the judges >_>

I had round 1 as a draw, round 2 to Ortiz, and round 3 to Griffin.

I can't say that Forrest didn't earn the win, but I also have to say that whoever had it 30-27 is ridiculous.

I gotta admit it, I was halfway shitting my pants when Buffer was announcing the decision, 'cause I was afraid Tito would steal it. Wouldn't be the first shitty decision over the course of the last few months.

But yeah, I really enjoyed the match, though I was let down by Tito in the third round - he didn't really do, well, anything (I think the round could've been 10-8 Griffin, had he landed a killer shot that would've rocked Tito). Good win for Forrest, now here's hoping that he'll put himself back into the title picture in 2010

I was expecting a fuckin' blast from the Koscheck-Johnson fight, and it delivered 'til all the stoppages and time-outs and whatnot. Didn't really know who to root for, as I like both fighters, but Koscheck came out a bit as an asshole in the post-fight interview, and he clearly didn't wanna wait for Joe Rogan to ask him about the eye injury... I don't know what the hell happened, but neither Johnson's knee or finger came nowhere close to Kos' left eye. Though I did love him calling out Dan Hardy, and I wish they'll do Hardy-Koscheck instead of Dana and Joe Silva feeding Hardy to GSP right away.

All in all it was a good show. The main event delivered, Kos-Rumble was good, Amir Sadollah put on a good performance, Killa B showed some fantastic knees in the clinch in his bout against Marcus Davis, Little Nog looked outstanding (and 99% like his bro, which was obvious, but confusing and funny at the same time) and Kendall Grove got back to winning ways via a beautiful triangle.

Now it's time to count days to the 12th of December, as I can't freaking wait for UFC 107. BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez should be wonderful, Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida will be explosive and here's hoping that Cheick Kongo beats Mir via KTFO. :)

I gotta admit it, I was halfway shitting my pants when Buffer was announcing the decision, 'cause I was afraid Tito would steal it. Wouldn't be the first shitty decision over the course of the last few months.

But yeah, I really enjoyed the match, though I was let down by Tito in the third round - he didn't really do, well, anything (I think the round could've been 10-8 Griffin, had he landed a killer shot that would've rocked Tito). Good win for Forrest, now here's hoping that he'll put himself back into the title picture in 2010

I was expecting a fuckin' blast from the Koscheck-Johnson fight, and it delivered 'til all the stoppages and time-outs and whatnot. Didn't really know who to root for, as I like both fighters, but Koscheck came out a bit as an asshole in the post-fight interview, and he clearly didn't wanna wait for Joe Rogan to ask him about the eye injury... I don't know what the hell happened, but neither Johnson's knee or finger came nowhere close to Kos' left eye. Though I did love him calling out Dan Hardy, and I wish they'll do Hardy-Koscheck instead of Dana and Joe Silva feeding Hardy to GSP right away.

All in all it was a good show. The main event delivered, Kos-Rumble was good, Amir Sadollah put on a good performance, Killa B showed some fantastic knees in the clinch in his bout against Marcus Davis, Little Nog looked outstanding (and 99% like his bro, which was obvious, but confusing and funny at the same time) and Kendall Grove got back to winning ways via a beautiful triangle.

Now it's time to count days to the 12th of December, as I can't freaking wait for UFC 107. BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez should be wonderful, Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida will be explosive and here's hoping that Cheick Kongo beats Mir via KTFO. :)

I was falling for you until there. Mir should expose Kongo's lack of ground and pick him part via jiu-jitsu. Standing Mir has improved enough to bang with Kongo, but I don't think he is going to stay in there long enough to get KTFO. The legs of Kongo are too dangerous and Cain showed us that Kongo is still to weak on the ground to truly have much of a chance right here.

Personally, I think that this fight is more of a "let's make Mir important with a win over a name" fight.