UFC News and Discussion Thread

Just finished watching Fight Night, and wow, great fights from top to bottom (on the televised card anyways).

The Credeur/Quarry slugfest was intense, fun and really enjoyable, definetely my favorite fight of the night but Condit/Ellenberger was a close second. Ellenberger really looked crisp out there and so did Condit. But some of the point judging I found weird, especially in the Credeur/Quarry fight as it seemed to me that Credeur definetely won the first round. Also, in the Maynard/Huerta fight, how Maynard won 30-27 on any of the scorecards, I have no idea. He should've won but to me Huerta won the first and Maynard the second and third. But hey, I am not an MMA judge.

Also, holy shit Huerta. How the hell did he not tap to that kimura? That was insane, Huerta must have arms made of steel and non-existant nerves. Maynard really seemed like he was going to rip off Huerta's shoulder.

Finally, FUCK YES NATE DIAZ! I love that man.

EDIT: Also Biggz, what is it you find boring about the Quarry/Credeur fight? It was awesome and got the Fight Of The Night bonus even. Is it because Quarry won't let you follow him on Twitter? :P

Goddamn that first episode of TUF10 was entertaining. Wes Sims is a perfect fit for Rampage's team, hard to say which one is crazier. Even Kimbo Slice looks like an eloquent, sophisticated gentleman next to those two.

The match was pretty brutal. I really really loved Jon Madsen's work, his punches looked like they could break brick walls. His takedowns were great, too, although it did help that Abe Wagner was totally lost against a guy with wrestling skills. I mean, he got taken down four times in the same exact way! No wonder Rampage walked away.

Goddamn that first episode of TUF10 was entertaining. Wes Sims is a perfect fit for Rampage's team, hard to say which one is crazier. Even Kimbo Slice looks like an eloquent, sophisticated gentleman next to those two.

The match was pretty brutal. I really really loved Jon Madsen's work, his punches looked like they could break brick walls. His takedowns were great, too, although it did help that Abe Wagner was totally lost against a guy with wrestling skills. I mean, he got taken down four times in the same exact way! No wonder Rampage walked away.

Madsen looked terrible, one dimensional, and like he's going to get his ass handed to him in the next round. He has takedowns. He has the potential for some pretty brutal ground and pound, but was quite often too gassed to do anything with the position. Against a more competent opponent, you will see Madsen outclassed decisively.

Like I said in the other thread, this was a fight between a Douche and a Turd Sandwich. One of them had to win.

Anyone watch the prelims on Spike? Rick Story and Brian Foster had a very good fight. Easily the best fight on this portion. Nothing else was special, Jim Miller looked good, Steve Lopez certainly did not, getting dropped a few times (and being a cocky bastard and shrugging them off like they were nothing only to go down again) and then had to quit after a separated shoulder in round 2. Good knockout by Escudero, too.