UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It's not that the division's in the shitter...like I said, Alves and Fitch are probably #2 and #3 in the world. It's just that GSP's so once-in-a-lifetime awesome that he'll dominate whoever they throw at him.

I don't know how Hardy gets a shot at GSP after his stint in the UFC so far.

I guess this division is really in the shitter.

It's called Champion Domination.

Your top contenders:

Jon Fitch, GSP demolished him

Josh Koscheck, GSP demolished him

Thiago Alves, GSP demolished him

It was down to Swick, Kampmann, and Condit. Kampmann d. Condit, then lost to Daley. And now Swick lost to Hardy, who by virtue of his win over Marcus put him in this position. If GSP didn't make everyone else look silly we'd likely have seen a rematch of some sort.

I don't know how Hardy gets a shot at GSP after his stint in the UFC so far.

I guess this division is really in the shitter.

170 Pounds houses several tremendously dangerous and talented fighters, but St Pierre has separated himself from the pack. There's GSP, then the Elite 170s, and then the rest of them.

I think Hardy provides a very dangerous threat to GSP's title reign. He has more power than Matt Serra, who shocked the world and beat Georges... he prevented Mike Swick from taking him down tonight, and I know that Swick isn't at GSP's level of wrestling, but with more work on takedown defense, I think Dan might be able to prevent Georges from totally dominating him on the mat like he has in the past against his opponents.

but with more work on takedown defense, I think Dan might be able to prevent Georges from totally dominating him on the mat like he has in the past against his opponents.

That's completely wrong.

The takedowns Swick tried are nothing like St. Pierre's. Dan will need to stay on his feet and try to land a haymaker.

but with more work on takedown defense, I think Dan might be able to prevent Georges from totally dominating him on the mat like he has in the past against his opponents.

That's completely wrong.

The takedowns Swick tried are nothing like St. Pierre's. Dan will need to stay on his feet and try to land a haymaker.

I didn't say he would prevent him from taking him down... but I think that he can do a better job than say, Alves, of not being completely controlled.

Based on GSP's past fights though, the game plan HAS to be Avoid the Takedown, Knock His Head Off.

Let's just put it this way guys...

I'd rather see

Fitch

Koscheck

Hughes

Alves

Dong Hyun Kim

Brock Larson

Chris Lytle

Serra

Thiago

Trigg

Before I see Hardy take on Swick.

Apart from Alves and Fitch I'd say Hardy would beat all of them, just because you don't like Hardy doesn't mean it won't be a good fight that will draw too.

It's not that I don't like Hardy...it's just that they seem to be booking it because they haven't thought of anything else.

They should run that fight in the UK. That would be the best idea.

In the O2 and I'll be there.

FUCK I EXPECTED MORE OUT OF RANDY AND VERA!

Edited by IzzyX
  • Like 1