Red Dead Redemption

King Ellis

I have now beaten the game. smile.gif Ending was okay. I wasn't so keen on John's part of the story ending, but the bit with Jack was kind of satisfying. I'm not happy that you don't get any explanation as to why Ross did it, though.

Surely it makes perfect sense, John's a criminal, and in the eyes of Ross he always will be. Yeah, you did what you were asked, but if John was to just be pardoned then Ross risks history repeating itself and John seeking revenge on Ross for all the shit that Ross put John and his family through. Yeah, John had repented, but he's still a dangerous man and in the eyes of Ross, he shouldn't be given freedom for the crimes he'd committed in the past. The fact Ross didn't explain himself just made the ending that much more beautiful, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Good fun, tonight. TCO needs to talk more. He didn't speak nearly enough to warrant me taking the piss of his accent. >_>

I'll try the next time, it's just I find it hard to talk and game at the same time, so I only talked when I died or during the intermission. Plus my shitty headset and the strong British accents didn't help either. I din't have a clue what you were saying when you lot were talking fast.

You guys are just angry because in a recent poll I was voted sexiest member from England.

Not that there was much competition!

just wait until this time next week and I will beat your ass in the revote :shifty:

anyways...I'm still footering around Blackwater and nearby areas. Blackwater is growing on me although I like Mexico and its characters and story a LOT more. Still good though. Only problem is that whenever I look like I'm going to complete a mission some random bear will come along and beat the fuck out of me. I got an awful surprise when I saw that bear having been used to mainly goats and cows in the last few places. >_>

You're going to beat my ass? Hot.

And yeah, bears can be hilarious. When I tried to do the kill a bear with the knife challenge the first time around, I went into dead eye after firing of a few shots on a bear that was directly in front of me... and suddenly I was mauled from the right by another bear. It was all in slow motion as well, t'was awesome.

Got the Legend of the West outfit. TKz's idea worked, though going around the theatre somehow didn't work as well as claimed.

Got it eventually though, and baited some foxes in McFarlane's.

And yeah, Legendary Animals are easy as hell to beat. Deadeye + Evans Repeater = Win.

The treasure hunter challenge is IMO the hardest (The two that are on cliffs took me FOREVER), though Sharpshooter 10 took some tries to.

What I did, go to Theives Landing, put on a bandana if you're worried about honor hits, Equip the Evans Repeater and keep it shouldered while hitting it with Deadeye. Use Snake Oil and Medicine when you can.

See, while Deadeye auto-reloads, because it's not YOU reloading, you can keep the Evans Repeater aimed and go in and out of Deadeye without penalty. Then shoot everyone with a gun.

Also, co-op missions are awesome but I wish they were available for private sessions. Me and a buddy from another forum did them, and got paired up with a guy who used the Marksman set but would rush up to people. Marksman set IS awesome, but as I said over my mic: "Why use the sniper set if you're not sniping? Unless you're point-blank sniping"

EDIT- One thing I find amusing about co-op, is that healing appears to work by knifing the downed man in the ass.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Oh, and you have to wonder if Rockstar put (not really plot-related but shock comedy moment)

The sex scene followed by the chick in said scene leaving while almost fully exposed from the front

in there just to see what will happen two years from now when parents are appalled that this "New game from the makers of Grand Theft Auto" has adult content in a game rated 17 and up.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

So I'm gonna be buying this game tomorrow. Anything I should know when I 1st start?