EWR 2010 Stats Update: May

Also someone said earlyier that "Stiffness is how hard you hit." Which makes me scratch my head. I always thought it was a bad thing to have a high amount of stiffness. As with someone like Kaval who has 75 Stiff, I get a email from someone I put him against complaining that "He was working to stiff, so I could of gotten hurt"...

So I think how hard you hit/how strong you are should all go under Brawling, and Stiffness is more of a reflection on how well you pull your punches, or how well you work with weapons without hurting people. If stiffness is a reflection on how strong you are, how come people complain about "Possibly getting hurt"...

While I am on the topic. How come Kaval has so high stiff for? 75? Really? Their is no way he hits that hard, that is HIGHER then big show. So if stiffness really is how hard you hit, then one would think Big Show, whos main finisher now is a Knockout Punch, would have a higher Stiffness then Kaval...

Im just saying, I have always considered stiffness a bad thing, and it is in no way reflecting how hard you throw a punch...

How hard you hit and how strong you are aren't the same thing in wrestling. There are plenty of strong guys in wrestling but the idea behind the act is the pull your punches and not actually deck them. Someone who's got a 90 in stiffness doesn't pull their punch at all, he just hammers people, which you'll get e-mails about because no one likes getting stiffed. Here you are trying to put on a show, and you're opponent is pummeling the shit out of you for no good reason. Big Show may have stiff chest slaps but Kaval will straight up murder people with his kicks. So while Show's got the one stiff move, he's actually quite professional and will protect his opponent; Kaval's entire arsenal is stiff and you'll walk out full of welts.

• Like 3

Does the fact that Booker T faced RVD at a recent TNA House Show in Louisianna mean anything in the way of contracts?

I'm not going say have him added to TNA because of it but I was just curious if these things lead to something or

are these considered one offs (In this case, AJ's plane was diverted and he was running late)

I'm gonna say not since TNA have had Terry Funk turn up at a house show which never came to anything. I swear there are other instances of this occurring in TNA in the past as well.

What I would say is raise Booker's attitude up a couple of points to 67.

Edited by Benjiiii

Stiffness and strength are NOT the same thing. The strongest wrestlers aren't always the stiffest.

Anyway, hopefully this hasn't already been posted:

credit prowrestling.net By Jason Powell

TNA wrestler Scott Hall was arrested on May 14 on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting an officer, according to the Orlando Sentinel. The 51 year-old Hall was arrested when police were called to the Hitching Post Bar in Chuluota, Fla. on May 14. Hall was found yelling and cursing at the bartender and patrons.

Hall was informed that he was being arrested and the police attempted to handcuff him. "Scott refused this directive," reads the police report, "and instead, thrust out his chest, walking closer to me, stating, 'I ain't going down for this [expletive deleted].'" Hall was eventually handcuffed and placed in a squad car.

The bartender claims that Hall was drinking heavily and arguing with patrons. The bartender lined up a ride home for Hall, who punched the window out of the car and is accused of pushing two women in the parking lot. The story also notes that Hall has had several Orange County arrests, "most for criminal mischief and alcohol-related offenses."

I don't know if we should lower Hall's behavior even FARTHER... It's already at 35, which is low enough that these kind of incidents happen in the game, but given the fact that it's happening repeatedly and is recent, maybe lower even more to 30?

Incidentally, I would consider lowering Kevin Nash's overness a few points. It's currently at 85, which is 9 points higher than Hall's. While I agree with Nash being higher than Hall by a decent margin, that seems a little too much.. Nash hasn't held a world title in a very long time, and he hasn't been treated as a main eventer in a long time either. The last high profile feud he had was with Jeff Jarrett, and they wound up not even having a big blowoff match, if I recall correctly (or maybe they did, but the one at BFG 05 was canceled). He's pretty much been a mid to upper card guy, and I don't hear the reactions for him like there used to be... Maybe lower it to 81 or 82, which would still keep him high enough to be a main eventer if you wanted to in TNA or another national-sized promotion, but around the level of guys like Abyss and Team 3D, where I feel Nash would fit in better. He's currently around the level of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, which I don't feel he should be, seeing as they've been main eventers more recently and still are in the top 10 rankings in TNA.

TL;DR version: Lower Nash's over to around 82.

Speaking of over, I would bump Miss Tessmacher/Brooke Adams' over up to around 35-40. She's been on national TV in both WWE and TNA, and has made appearances with Bischoff quite a bit over the last couple months, and she's even spoken.

Lower Tomko's over a few points to 64. He barely got a reaction when he faced Orlando Jordan a couple weeks ago. I don't think he's as popular/well known as he was during his last run with TNA.

Edited by Master Shakespeare
  • Like 3

Stiffness and strength are NOT the same thing. The strongest wrestlers aren't always the stiffest.

Anyway, hopefully this hasn't already been posted:

credit prowrestling.net By Jason Powell

TNA wrestler Scott Hall was arrested on May 14 on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting an officer, according to the Orlando Sentinel. The 51 year-old Hall was arrested when police were called to the Hitching Post Bar in Chuluota, Fla. on May 14. Hall was found yelling and cursing at the bartender and patrons.

Hall was informed that he was being arrested and the police attempted to handcuff him. "Scott refused this directive," reads the police report, "and instead, thrust out his chest, walking closer to me, stating, 'I ain't going down for this [expletive deleted].'" Hall was eventually handcuffed and placed in a squad car.

The bartender claims that Hall was drinking heavily and arguing with patrons. The bartender lined up a ride home for Hall, who punched the window out of the car and is accused of pushing two women in the parking lot. The story also notes that Hall has had several Orange County arrests, "most for criminal mischief and alcohol-related offenses."

I don't know if we should lower Hall's behavior even FARTHER... It's already at 35, which is low enough that these kind of incidents happen in the game, but given the fact that it's happening repeatedly and is recent, maybe lower even more to 30?

I'd say that 30 is too low. Seeing as it is at 35 already, it suggests that this is the sort of thing that is going to happen with him so I'd keep his stats the same for now.

Increase Eddie Edwards technical to 78 and his speed to 66

Is there a reason why Beer Money's gimmick is lackey? I realize they attacked Jarrett for Bischoff, and have recently been working with Flair, but they still have pretty unique gimmicks. It's not like they're Flair's bitches or something.

I'd change James Storm's gimmick to either Violent Drunk (admittedly a bit of a stretch, but given the fireball on Jeff Hardy, the way he's been breaking beer bottles over people's heads, etc. it would fit), Bad Ass (just a generic one that works for him) or No Gimmick Needed.

I'd change Robert Roode's gimmick back to Rich Snob.

I mean, Desmond Wolfe still has his gimmick (No Gimmick Needed) and he's one of Flair's associates.

Personally, I just don't see the need for using the lackey gimmick unless that's ALL they are, ie: Stevie Richards or Lodi for Raven.

Raise Jesse Neal's over to around 45.

John Cena wrote on his Twitter page today: "I am sad to hear

the WWE has decided to release Carlito. I always thought he could, and should have accomplished more than he did. I wish the best."

Source: Gerweck.net

Make John Cena and Carlito/Carly Colon friends

John Cena wrote on his Twitter page today: "I am sad to hear

the WWE has decided to release Carlito. I always thought he could, and should have accomplished more than he did. I wish the best."

Source: Gerweck.net

Make John Cena and Carlito/Carly Colon friends

Hm... I don't think this means they're friends...

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Does the fact that Booker T faced RVD at a recent TNA House Show in Louisianna mean anything in the way of contracts?

I'm not going say have him added to TNA because of it but I was just curious if these things lead to something or

are these considered one offs (In this case, AJ's plane was diverted and he was running late)

Actually no, he was just a fill-in for AJ. This MAY get him back in but unless he shows up in TNA again, I wouldn't add him.

What I would say is raise Booker's attitude up a couple of points to 67.

I don't see how coming in as a fill in would raise his attitude when he complained about not using performance enhancers in WWE after being linked to the Sports Illustrated list and then again when he had to put Matt Morgan over after he wanted out of TNA.

Incidentally, I would consider lowering Kevin Nash's overness a few points. It's currently at 85, which is 9 points higher than Hall's. While I agree with Nash being higher than Hall by a decent margin, that seems a little too much.. Nash hasn't held a world title in a very long time, and he hasn't been treated as a main eventer in a long time either. The last high profile feud he had was with Jeff Jarrett, and they wound up not even having a big blowoff match, if I recall correctly (or maybe they did, but the one at BFG 05 was canceled). He's pretty much been a mid to upper card guy, and I don't hear the reactions for him like there used to be... Maybe lower it to 81 or 82, which would still keep him high enough to be a main eventer if you wanted to in TNA or another national-sized promotion, but around the level of guys like Abyss and Team 3D, where I feel Nash would fit in better. He's currently around the level of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, which I don't feel he should be, seeing as they've been main eventers more recently and still are in the top 10 rankings in TNA.

TL;DR version: Lower Nash's over to around 82.

Speaking of over, I would bump Miss Tessmacher/Brooke Adams' over up to around 35-40. She's been on national TV in both WWE and TNA, and has made appearances with Bischoff quite a bit over the last couple months, and she's even spoken.

Lower Tomko's over a few points to 64. He barely got a reaction when he faced Orlando Jordan a couple weeks ago. I don't think he's as popular/well known as he was during his last run with TNA.

I agree on Nash & Tomko's over. As for Brooke Adams, she is not anymore known than Kiyoshi. She was a nameless member of the Extreme Expose and has yet to appear in front of the crowd.

Is there a reason why Beer Money's gimmick is lackey? I realize they attacked Jarrett for Bischoff, and have recently been working with Flair, but they still have pretty unique gimmicks. It's not like they're Flair's bitches or something.

I'd change James Storm's gimmick to either Violent Drunk (admittedly a bit of a stretch, but given the fireball on Jeff Hardy, the way he's been breaking beer bottles over people's heads, etc. it would fit), Bad Ass (just a generic one that works for him) or No Gimmick Needed.

I'd change Robert Roode's gimmick back to Rich Snob.

I mean, Desmond Wolfe still has his gimmick (No Gimmick Needed) and he's one of Flair's associates.

Personally, I just don't see the need for using the lackey gimmick unless that's ALL they are, ie: Stevie Richards or Lodi for Raven.

Raise Jesse Neal's over to around 45.

Wolfe, Storm and Roode should all be old school heel. They all cheat to win at the moment and that's there gimmick.

Add Tommy Dreamer to Chikara. He's going to face Eddie Kingston at Aniversario Elf on May 23rd.

I'd wait until he he wrestles more than this one match. Bull Pain did two matches with Vin Gerard back in April and that's all. It didn't warrant him being added to CHIKARA. Same with any Young Lions Cup winner.

I agree on Nash & Tomko's over. As for Brooke Adams, she is not anymore known than Kiyoshi. She was a nameless member of the Extreme Expose and has yet to appear in front of the crowd.

Bwah? She appeared in front of the crowd with Bischoff on last Thursday's iMPACT! She was standing next to him when he revealed the Top 10 Rankings. Plus she's spoken during several backstage segments.

Wolfe, Storm and Roode should all be old school heel. They all cheat to win at the moment and that's there gimmick.

That's a tad generic, but it's better than lackey.

• Like 2

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Bwah? She appeared in front of the crowd with Bischoff on last Thursday's iMPACT! She was standing next to him when he revealed the Top 10 Rankings. Plus she's spoken during several backstage segments.

That's a tad generic, but it's better than lackey.

Brooke Adams has not gotten a reaction so why should she be that high. I'd put her at 35 and no higher.

I don't see James Storm as a violent drunk to the description of the gimmick and Robert Roode doesn't fit the rich snob gimmick and hasn't since the split with Peyton Banks.

Fair enough. I'll leave it up to bill to determine which gimmick he feels suits each character best, then.

I noticed Shamu Jr. didn't have a picture.

shamujr.jpg

Here you go.

shamujr2.jpg

Here's a second pic (under the Toro Rojo gimmick he used in LuchaVaVoom).

Incidentally, his birth date is listed as May 1977 on LuchaWiki, so change the month to May and the age to 33 (after this update).

http://luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Shamu_Jr._%28SoCal%29

Rename Shigeo Okumura to just Okumura. Change him from heavyweight to lightweight (based on the following link, which lists him as 95 kg, or approximately 209 pounds).

http://www.fuegoenelring.com/wrestlers_full_tec.php?wrestlers_id=139

Ryota Chikuzen's birth month should be January, not February, and he should be a lightweight instead of a heavyweight, according to this link:

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/ryota-chikuzen-3997.html

Guest The Phenomenal Red

JAPW results:

Haas tied up Necro in an upside down Texas Cloverleaf. Brodie went to hit him with a chair but Maff fought him off, then hit Haas with the chair. He stood over Haas staring. Lee covered Haas and pinned him for the Jersey State title.

Your winners, The Hillbilly Wrecking Crew. New NJ State champion Brodie Lee!

FUN FUN FUN Brawl!

Maff continued to beat Haas down after the match.

Make Brodie Lee the JAPW New Jersey Champion. credit to PWInsider.com

Not too sure of when the 90 days is up but he was released in the latter part of February making him available in the latter part of May.

But after also reading that iMPACT is taped already up until Slammiversary so he might not appear until next month.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Gregory Helms will be joining TNA Wrestling once his ninety no-compete clause with World Wrestling Entertainment expires in late May. He has already made a verbal deal with the organization through Jeff Hardy. He will most likely be performing under his WCW ring name, Shane Helms.

On another note, there is talk of starting a faction with Hardy, Helms, Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal. Neal and Moore are already paired up with the Ink. Inc. nickname so that may be off now.

TNA Knockout Velvet Sky and Gregory Helms dated and lived together for several years before splitting up last year. Helms' was said to have been devastated after the split as it hit him hard. No word on if the two remain friends these days.

Edited by Rocky Feller
  • Like 1

Adrian Lynch's birth month should be February, according to this interview: http://www.ddtdigest.com/features/alynch/inter001.htm

From the same article, he mentions running a wrestling school. I would tick trainer.

According to this article: http://www.angelfire.com/az2/superplex/lynch.html, Lynch's nationality should be British (born in Manchester, England).

He also states he's British in the first article.

Adrian Lynch: In a few words...a loudmouth, obnoxious jerk. As you'll see from the pictures and the web page, I'm British and not ashamed to push it on people.

DDT Digest: So you're legitimately British?

Adrian Lynch: Absolutely.

The TNA office called Booker T in for last night's show in Lake Charles, Louisiana when it became apparent AJ Styles would be unable to make it. Booker agreed to come in and made the two hour and twenty minute drive on Interstate 10 from his home in Houston, Texas. Booker worked as a heel and cut a promo before the match. He was paid a show payout for working but does not have a new TNA contract.

Source: WNW

- Booker could probably use a bump in attitude, since it seems like he could have just said no. He was trying to help out & it may be because RVD was who he was working & they are friends, but he could have blown them off. He drove two hours and twenty minutes to help a company he "hates". Seems like he has a decent attitude about it.

- Raise Chelsea's overness by 5-10 points. For some reason she is insanely over based on the fact there have been a couple times where the crowd has chanted her name during segments.

• Like 1

Written by Adam Lash

Michael Verdi, known professionally as Trent Acid, has been sentenced to a maximum of 23 months after reaching a plea deal on May 12 for charges stemming from an April 2 arrest where police found him in possession of heroin. The prosecution decided against prosecuting Verdi for the other charges stemming from the April 2 arrest, likely as a result of the plea deal and the guilty plea.

Link.

His behavior is currently listed at 74. Due to the bust and flippancy of his statements involving the bust, Ii would lower his behavior to at least 54 if not lower. I'm not sure whether this should effect his attitude as well.

Also, Tarek the Great has recently been billed at Tarek the Legend. I would change his name to Tarek the Legend and "Tarek the Great" to his alter egos.