General boxing thread

EddieG

It's clear he's not in a good place though. Understand a lot of people don't like him for some of his views and some of the ridiculous things he comes out with but it's never nice to see somebody struggling the way he is right now.

‘I don't even want to wake up. I hope I die every day. And that's a bad thing to say when I've got three children and a lovely wife isn't it? But I don't want to live anymore. And if I could take me own life – and I wasn't a Christian – I'd take it in a second. I just hope someone kills me before I kill me self. I'll have to spend eternity in hell.

‘I'm in a very bad place at the moment. I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I don't know what's going to happen to me. I don’t know if I’m going to see the year out to be honest.’

‘I've not been in a gym for months. I've not been training. I've been going through depression. I just don't want to live anymore, if you know what I’m saying. I've had total enough of it. They've forced me to the breaking edge. Never mind cocaine. I just didn't care. I don't want to live anymore. 

If that is the case then I can have some sympathy. Maybe the bullshit he said was because he was coked off his nut. If not, then he is still a prat. But I have had a bit of addiction and depression, so I can sympathise a bit.

It must be hard for him though. 

I am sympathetic to him as he's said it himself he's clearly suffering mentally and no one should have to go through the struggles of mental illness.  

Plus especially with his background as a traveller I can imagine mental health is still something of a taboo. He's clearly conflicted.  

I do think he's a tit for the stuff he says but I imagine the way he acts is down to his upbringing. 

The guy is clearly talented.  He beat Klitschko who hadn't lost in just over 10 years and was dominating the heavyweight division. 

Hopefully he can defeat his demons. I may not like him as a person but no one deserves to suffer from mental health and/or addiction.  

• 3 months later...

Boxing on ITV4, had no idea. And Ronald Macintosh is commentating, doubleplusgood.

Why is this stuck on a channel I hardly ever even think of looking at? This should be on ITV instead of Through the Keyhole.

• 1 month later...