General boxing thread

EddieG

Couldn't find one of these, don't know how many boxing fans are here.

Just found out the Khan vs Malignaggi fight is on ITV tonight for free so woop woop.

Anybody else watching?

Who else is on the card?

Might watch it at some point in the future just cause of the times it's on. Nate Campbells fighting Victor Ortiz thats the co-main.

What are the rules regarding when fights are happening etc? We allowed to talk about the Mitchell fight?

Weird decision by the ref to start the fight at the end of the 1st

lol, ITV.

Michael Buffer: This is a 10 round fight

ITV Clock: Rd 1/12

Might watch it at some point in the future just cause of the times it's on. Nate Campbells fighting Victor Ortiz thats the co-main.

What are the rules regarding when fights are happening etc? We allowed to talk about the Mitchell fight?

Spoiler it, I guess.

Not surprised Katsidis mauled Mitchell, the guy is a savage

• 1 year later...

I'll give that fight a watch if I'm not doing anything else like watching paint dry. No way will I ever pay for a boxing event when it could be over in seconds.

Also, I hope Klitschko kills Haye when they fight.

I hope they actually fight this time.

• 1 month later...

Thought there'd be a bit more hype for the David Haye/Wladimir Klitchsko fight and or more boxing talk on here.

What do you guys think of the fight on Saturday? I think this is the toughest challenge for Klitchsko in a long time and I really can see Haye winning this fight but only if he knocks out Klitchsko early on....however my head says Klitchsko will win.

If it goes to a decision, which it probably will, regardless of how the fight goes, Klitchsko wins. (N)

• Admin

If it goes to a decision, which it probably will, regardless of how the fight goes, Klitchsko wins. (N)

QFE.

Watching the fight with a few mates. Haye should have superior endurance and has his speed, but it could go either way. He'll probably lose unfortunately.

"David Haye 15st 3lbs for world heavyweight title fight v Wladimir Klitschko, who is 17st 5lbs"

I honestly think Haye can knock him out first round. But my prediction is a knock-out within four rounds. Haye is just too quick and has one of the best punches I've seen in a long while, as soon as he catches Klitschko clean one time it'll be the beginning of the end. Should be a great fight though, just for the spectacle more than the actual boxing, I'm just gutted that I can't watch it. :(

It's an interesting fight because Wlad can and has been knocked out and Haye certainly has power to do it. I try not to buy into fight hype, but the looks that Klitscho has thrown Haye and the whole attitude he seems to be bringing suggest that it's pretty personal so I don't know if you'll see autopilot Klitschko who's willing to plod through the rounds and not be terribly aggressive. Motivated Klitschko is a terror, when he comes out hard, he's extremely difficult to shut down because of his power and size. Haye has to get to him early and rattle him if he wants to win.

Lots of curious variables but I'll agree that a decision in any case probably falls to Klitschko - Haye is going to have to stop him.

Admittedly, I don't know anything about Wilczewski, but I'll be interested to see how DeGale rebounds from his recent loss to George Groves. It was a close fight between two domestic rivals and a rematch must surely be on the cards, but one has to wonder whether Frank Warren will be able to orchestrate DeGale's run to the world title picture without risking the possibility of another defeat, much in the same way as he did following Amir Khan's loss to Breidis Prescott.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who just got done watching the fight between Delvin Rodriguez & Pavel Wolak on ESPN2? WHAT A BATTLE! I thought Rodriguez won but I cannot complain about a draw at all. Also look at the damage Delvin did to Wolak's eye...swollen like a grapefruit!

Guest J-Money808

I really wanna see the heavyweight division get revamped. Like when we had Ali/Frazier/foreman then Tyson/holyfield/Lewis. Also i might go to the viloria fight tomorrow at the blaisdell. Anybody want results if I do?

Edit: and Brian Viloria is the new WBO Flyweight Champion

Edited by J-Money808
  • Like 1