General boxing thread

EddieG

Some of those score cards :lol::lol:

Bullshit......I've had people say that UFC is easier to watch with no commentary as you don't get led by the commentary. Froch won more rounds than the commentary team gave him credit for - acting like him being close (maybe not one round off, but two possibly) isn't as big an outrage as they are letting on. They are just surprised considering they expected Froch to fuck him up.

I honestly don't think it is as bad as people are making it out to be. It was poor, but Groves head was down, his arms were hanging, he looked limp and almost held up somewhat by the ref. As someone said yesterday, it's always better to stop it five seconds too early than five seconds too late. Groves was about to take a few completely unguarded shots when already pretty much out on his feet.

I've watched it a few times now and the more I watch it, the more I think it was the right decision. If the ref let it continue it would've only been a matter of time before Froch KO'ed Groves anyway, so the ref had to think about the safety of Groves. In the end though, Groves did himself justice in the fight and has boosted his name in the boxing world, so whether its a rematch with Froch or another fight, it's all good for British boxing.

Liverpool heavyweight David Price will return to the ring against Russia's Evgeny Orlov in Neubrandenburg, Germany on 14 December.

The 30-year-old Price, who suffered back-to-back losses to American Tony Thompson earlier this year, has signed with German promoters Team Sauerland.

Price also has a new trainer in Adam Booth, who guided David Haye to a world heavyweight title.

"I am excited to be starting this new chapter in my career," said Price.

"My training with Adam has been going really well. We have made some changes in the gym and have been working on a few different things for this fight.

"Come fight night people will see these changes in my performance."

British and Commonwealth champion Price was offered a fight with domestic rival Dereck Chisora but decided against it.

Orlov, 35, has a record of 14 wins (10 knockouts), 12 losses and one draw.

Headlining the show in Neubrandenburg will be Juergen Braehmer's fight against Marcus Oliveira for the vacant WBA light-heavyweight title.

Looks like an easy enough fight for Price. I really hope he's worked on his stamina because it was pathetic in his last fight.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...